2

Sighing, I look up at Roman expectantly. "Are you going to take me to your Beta or stand there like I'm speaking another language?"

     Roman narrowed his eyes at me. "I don't appreciate the sass, little mate." That was all he said before he started walking the dirt path, which I assumed led to the pack.

     The pack house was extremely grand and beautiful. It had a classical feel to it, with stone imprinted on the outside walls. I bet it looked even more beautiful in the inside.

     Roman held his hand out to me. What the hell did he want? A high five? I knew he wanted me to hold his hand, and if I turned him down I would probably regret it later. It's just hand holding, right? Not like I met him 30 minutes ago.

     "Damn you." I mutter quietly before slipping my hand into his. When our skin touched, my hand felt like it was on fire.

     Roman glanced down at our hands and looked up at me. "That's what they mean by sparks." He muttered quietly. I heard him clearly, though.

     Walking hand in hand, I was now standing in an outdoor space, which had over 200 pack members. I knew that wasn't even all of them. Don't be nervous, I chanted in my head. You got this. What could go wrong?

     Roman started leading me towards a high-ranking group of werewolves. I immediately recognized the couple I was going to be binding today. Smiling to myself, I thought of how good they look together. Mother did an amazing job.

     Once they noticed us approaching, they bowed in respect of their Alpha. After they bowed, all their eyes zoomed in on me. I wasn't paying attention to them. My eyes were focused on the Beta and his beautiful mate.

     Letting go of Roman's hand, I greet the couple with a warm smile. Holding out my hand, I say, "Nice to meet you. I'm Faith."

     The man shook my hand before greeting me with an equally warm smile. "Pleasure to meet you Faith. I'm Beta Ryder. This is my mate, Aria."

     I shook hands with Aria as well. She beamed. "Just as gorgeous as I thought! Couldn't expect less from the Daughter of a Goddess." She sighed dreamily.

     "You are beautiful as well." I reply. She was, actually. Aria was a slim girl, with brown hair and brown eyes to match. She seemed like the innocent, girl-next door kind of girl that everyone loves. "Should we get started with the ceremony?"

     Ryder and Aria glanced at each other before agreeing.

     Silence. It was completely silent. Ryder, Aria, and I now stood on a stage in the middle of the pack. The large space and fresh air of nature made it a perfect location for the ceremony.

     "Combine hands." I command. I no longer had butterflies. As soon as those words came out of my mouth, it was natural for me. I was born to do this; trained to do this.

     Taking their free hands, I reach out and grip them gently. We were now in a small circle containing the three of us. "Ready or not, I'm beginning the ceremony." I whisper quietly, closing my eyes. I hear Aria giggle. Chanting words in Greek, I slip into a small little world.

     Opening my eyes, I now stood in an all white room. The table, look for a table, I thought. I actually didn't have to look for it at all, since it stood in the middle of the small room. Two half hearts made of glass lay on the table. I knew that one was Ryder's, and one was Aria's.

     Just like I showed you, the voice of Mother said. Gently taking the two hearts, I put them together and chanted in Greek once more. 'These hearts are no longer half, for the halves have made a whole.'

     The plain white room started to grow with color. It wasn't just a white room anymore, it was a room whose plain walls were waiting to be painted upon. And painted upon they were. Feeling at peace, the colorful room started to fade away.

     I opened my eyes to the real world. Separating my hands from Ryder and Aria, I watch the gold sparkles rain down on everyone. 'Oohs' and 'awes' were heard from around the pack. I watched in awe, too. Glancing at Ryder and Aria, I noticed a big difference in the way they looked at each other. They saw each other in a whole different light. Their worlds were no longer black and white, but in color. They would now forever be in sync, understand each other, and be able to feel one another's happiness and sadness.

You guys may have noticed a few changes in the story! It's been years since I last wrote this, but it has too much potential to just throw away! I'm older and wiser, so hopefully my writing will be better and will give justice to this story! I'll try my best not to let you guys down. Enjoy :)

*2/24/18*