Chapter 2: Sebastian

Replaying every moment it was clear.
It's her....
I felt it the moment she walked towards me. Her mind vibrant and curious. It took all my focus not turn around and take her into my arms..

"I can scan these for you," she whispered.

Turning slowly, as if being caught red handed, watching her reach for the things in the cart, I thanked her. It was hard having her this close and pretending to be a stranger. A stranger who knew her every thought the moment it crossed her mind.

Her voice soft and sweet made me addicted. And I couldn't stop myself from talking just to hear hers. Her movements made my eyes follow, itching to touch but some how staying at my sides. I noticed she tried hard not to look at me. Great am I freaking her out?

"Yea there wasn't any one back there to cut them down for me so decided to do it myself."

"Oh," she breathed. And looked up at me.
In that moment I saw it. She wasn't afraid, no she was curious. She looked at me with wonder and I almost asked her if she felt it too. Our fate entangled. Her big brown eyes speaking louder than words. We were both caught in a trance one where I needed her to know me. Her straight brown hair was slipping from her pony tail around her eyes making her face soft and serious. I almost chuckled at her thought remembering she wore make up.

Never had I heard anyone's thoughts so clear and strong. Breaking through my concentration like they were my own. Her lip trembled a little when my gaze settled on her mouth. Heat rose to her cheeks and she moved to doing her work again. I blinked stunned at the ease which she made me lose all balance. She couldn't believe I was talking to her or even seemed interested. She just didn't know why I would even bother with her.

She had no idea just how much I wanted her.

  Again and again replaying the scene in my head I had to grip my hands to stop them from shaking. She was so close but I had to play my cool I couldn't scare her away. I had to get close and make her mine for our fates were one now. The wheels had started the moment Sean had seen her in the crystal. Stupid crystal didn't say when or how we would meet but just like that 3 years passed and I finally had her. Sean McCoy my best friend saw her when I had come back from London on a trip of self destruction. I mean reading minds has its limits. I had to stop it and what better way than going half way dead drunk? Sean saw me walk in and his little crystal glowed with such white light that we had never seen. He turned his necklace over to see within it and in his mind I saw her. Facing a large window and nibbling on a pencil, hair loose in waves she turned to look straight into my eyes and I gasped a loud. Breaking from his vision I blinked still those large brown eyes in my head. She was close. Her heart shaped face,  long black eyelashes, her pouty full lips and that birthmark near her mouth, all of them etched in my mind. I looked at Sean and saw understanding breaking through his grey eyes, she was my soulmate. She was the missing piece.

  Watching her walk to the center monitor I felt a wave of awe, in this whole time I had been searching she appeared nonchalantly. I turned to pay and thought of how to make her mine. This was going to be the hardest thing ever. She wasn't any simple conquest. This was my salvation and I didn't want to mess it up. I wanted this.

  I turned to say goodbye but watched her smile at the ceiling. I then took my time to watch her closely. Her jeans had paint on the ends, guessing it was from some clumsy idiot, her baby blue loose shirt had a small v neck that made it hard to look away from and her brown hair meeting it softly. Then her face just a little flushed from thinking of how silly she was, when her eyes turned to me and I stopped breathing. Her eyes saw more than she knew and it was what almost took me over the edge and not kiss her. She must have seen my intention that she blushed and looked away. I chuckled because she once again saved herself from me. She looked at me regaining some posture, I said my goodbye loving the way her name sounded and made my way to the exit.

This was not the end we were going to meet again and it would be soon. I had to find the way to have her. My missing half was going to fight it, darkness was all we knew and she was a shining light that had made it waver, needing warmth we never knew we needed. But more than desire I needed her love, it was going to prove my existence in this world full of empty shells that never knew the way out, that never knew what love was.

I knew that getting back to Sean he would help me regain some fight into me, into the old Sebastian Lockwood the one where love stood a chance and where he would fight for it no matter what.