Chapter 5

The group has walked another day on foot. They made a campfire at night, and someone kept watch all night. They hadn't came across any zombies since the crash. Well, on the tenth day they did.

The fire was roaring, and everyone was asleep. Lyndi and Lucas still mourned the loss of Dave, more than everyone else did. The Yogscast did only know them for two days. Lyndi and Lucas knew Dave for who knows how long.

Simon was keeping watch this night. However, he was tired and started to nod off. The lull of the crickets and the warmth of the fire made it hard to stay awake.

During the past day, the group had discussed what they were going to do now. It would be harder to get to places without a car, so they decided that the next car they come across that works, they're taking it.

Back to Simon, because he was starting to doze during watch, didn't hear the sound of shuffling behind him. His ears did prick up when they heard the shuffling behind him. He was jerked awake when he felt a sharp pain in his shoulder, which made him yell out and grab the crowbar next to him. Simon smashed the zombie's head, killing it.

Only there were two more zombies, headed for the now-awake group. The ones with weapons protected the ones without. Lucas grabbed his rifle.

Paul smashed one of the zombies over the head with a bat. A few more smashes, and the zombie was dead.

Lucas raised his rifle to the last zombie as it came into the fire light. He was about to pull the trigger, when he saw the face. There, his hands started to tremble.

The zombie had long dark hair, with a torn beanie. It's skin was dark, tinted with grey. It's eyes were white where it was once hazel.

"Dave?!" Lyndi cried out. Tears once again started to pour from her eyes as she fell to her knees. Tears gathered in Lucas' eyes, but didn't spill.

Dave lumbered toward them slowly. The Yogscast members silently watched, wondering if this was their friends' break point.

Lucas closed his eyes, and pull the trigger. Dave's head split, and he fell to the ground, dead once again.

Everything was silent, until someone let out a grunt.

Lewis turned to look at Simon, who was holding his shoulder. "You okay, friend?"

Blood leaked out from under Simon's hand, which alarmed Lewis.

"Simon what happened?" Lewis said, and walked over to his best friend.

By now, everyone was coming over to see what was wrong with Simon. Said man was looking at them with fear in his eyes.

"Simon, what happened to your shoulder?" Lewis asked softly.

Simon looked down, then toed at the zombie at his feet. Lewis' face paled.

"That.... didn't happen..... did it..... Simon?" He said, voice slightly shaking.

Simon uncovered his hand, showing a tear in his hoodie, which is coated with blood, and what looks like a bite mark on his shoulder. Everyone who gathered around gasped.

"We can bandage it up! It will all be fine!" Hannah said, who was pale and shaking, and looking for any proof that this was a dream, and not reality.

"Yeah, we have a first aid kit, we can cover that up, and you'll be fine." Lewis added, eyes slightly blurring from tears.

Simon didn't respond, and Anya went to grab the first aid kit from one of the backpacks. She pulled it out, and quickly gauzed up the wound. Paul helped, Anya with her broken arm and all.