Chapter 9

Just as Hannah registered the situation at hand, the door burst open. She screeched in surprise.

In the doorway was Lyndi, Lucas, John, and the man from before. Their eyes widened at the hoard.

"Come on! Let's go!" Martyn yelled.

Duncan and Lewis turned around and ran toward the door. Lewis was grabbed by a zombie which he thought he had killed. He fell to the floor as the zombie hoard limped towards him. 

"Lewis!" Hannah yelled.

Duncan ran over and embedded his machete into the head of the zombie that had a hold on Lewis' leg.

When he was freed, the two ran to the door, the zombie hoard on their tail, and outside.

Once outside, Hannah hugged Lewis. Lewis rested his chin on her head and brushed her hair.

"Why did you come?" Duncan asked.

"John said he had a bad feeling, and wanted to come down here. We volunteered." Lyndi explained.

"Why didn't you go through the entrance?" Martyn asked.

"We saw those things pass it. We didn't want to get caught up in them, so we went through the side entrance." John explained.

"Well, thank god you came when you did." Lewis said.

John looked around, concern now on his face. "Where's Brian and Harold?"

The four looked at eachother.

"They're.... gone. The hoard took them." Martyn said quietly.

John and the man's expression looked surprised, then saddened.

"Well........ sh*t." The man said.

"Who are you anyway?" Duncan asked.

The man looked up. "I'm Nick."

"We should probably get going. I'm not sure how long that door's gonna hold." John said.

The group walked back to the hotel.

"There's another reason we came." John said solemnly.

The Yogscast members looked at him. Lyndi and Lucas looked down with shadowed expressions.

"Your friend..... Simon. Took a turn." John said.

The group gasped, then started to walk faster. Lewis even got to running.

The group made it back at the hotel in record time. They all ran into the MO, where Jane was sitting beside the bed with a sad look. She jumped when they ran into the room.

"Simon?" Lewis asked. "Hello? Friend?"

Simon didn't reply. His skin was pale with a flew splotches of grey and green. His arm had a mixture of red, grey, and green covering it. A few veins slithered their way up his chin from his shoulder. His chest wasn't moving.  

"I think............ he's gone." Jane said.

Lewis sighed and put his head in is hands. Hannah put a hand on his shoulder.

"Me and Nick....... we'll put him down." John said quietly. Nick nodded from his side.

The Yogscast members went down the hall to the indoor diner. They heard a gunshot at they sat down at a table. Lewis hugged Hannah, the same as Paul now hugged Anya. The others just sat back. They all cried.

***

The next day was a day of mourning. Simon's body was taken outside and burned, and the other members tried to ignore the smell of smoke. The thing is, nobody could find Lucas or Lyndi anywhere! 

That afternoon, Tom was wandering the halls mindlessly, not really paying attention. He manage to stumble upon an unused part of the hotel. He was deciding whether to turn back or not, when he came upon two bodies in a tight embrace.

One in a purple sweatshirt.

One with long blonde hair and a goatee.

Tom stopped in his tracks as he watched Lyndi and Lucas make out.

"Ahem?"

The two broke apart and looked surprisingly at Tom. Said man scratched the back of his neck awkwardly.

"Uh...... what are you doing here?" Lyndi asked just as awkward.

"Just...... passing through?" Tom answered with more of a question. He started to back away slowly. "I'll just....... leave...."

Then he ran off. Back to the diner or to his room.

Then the two were left alone.

"Whoops......" Lucas muttered.

"It's our fault. We shouldn't have." Lyndi said.

Lucas looked at her, half alarmed. "W-what? Are you saying you regret kissing me?"

"N-no, it's not that, it's.......... we just shouldn't have with this whole zombie-apocalypse sh*t going on." Lyndi answered.

After some silence, Lucas spoke up.

"Let's go."