Chapter 7: Kidnapped (???)

The minute Punzie stepped foot on school grounds she was essentially kidnapped by the Princesses. She was pulled over behind the bleachers to reveal even more Princesses waiting.
Most of them wore the small peach-coloured dresses that were the cheerleaders' uniform, though some wore more ordinary clothes, those were honorary princesses, Belle and Tiana and a few others.
"So!" A girl in a bright pink dress, -what was her name? Lottie?- asked excitedly, "What are you going to wear?"
"You guys kidnapped me to ask what I'm wearing to a party that you didn't actually invite me to?" Punzie asked, incredulous.
"We invited Merida and told her to bring whoever, that's basically inviting you." Ariel rolled her eyes.
"We heard tell," Jazz said, "that Jack has never been on a date before."
"And most of us went to school with you for, like, ever." Meg, a Senior cheerleader, continued, "So we know you never dated anyone before."
"And that means, two of the hottest non-Royals in school are going on their first dates together!" Anastasia, a Weirdo, Spacehead, and Honorary Princess, paused for a dramatic sigh. "We want to make sure it's perfect."
"Johnny and Mavis are going on their first date, too!" Punzie argued.
"Johnny dated Alice for the whole of middle shool, and you remember when everyone put Mavis and Edward together until he left school last year!" Snowy countered. "It's not either of their first dates. And, plus, we're still giving Mavis the same treatment as you, anyway!"
"Treatment?" Punzie was almost afraid to ask.
"We're helping you get ready!" Belle laughed.
"And I have the perfect dress for you!" Tink, another cheerleader, said.
"And your complexion is the same as mine so we won't have to buy any additional make up." Anna said.
"And you can tell whoever's driving you there that we have it sorted." Cindy said.
"Do you always give such a huge interest in budding romances?"
"No, only with potential Royals." Snowy answered.
"I'm a potential Royal?" This was news to Punzie, not that everything else wasn't.
"No, but the boys are thinking of recruiting Jack to the team. Which, if everything goes well tomorrow, will make you a Princess!" Meg grinned, "Now, we'll pick you up bright and early tomorrow morning! Be ready, because Ariel is heartless when it comes to waking people up."
"Wait, how do you know where I live?" Punzie called, as they all began walking away.
"Oh Punzie, we know everything." Snowy gave a final knowing wink and Punzie was alone.

~~~~~

AnnArendell: Hiccup, I need you to tell me where Punzie lives, no questions asked, no telling her that I asked.

~~~~~~

Hiccup looked at his digital message board in confusion. Why does Anna want to know where Punzie lives? But he figured Anna was pretty harmless, so he obliged.

~~~~

AnnArendell: Oh, I wasn't expecting you to actually not ask questions. That was surprising. Thanks.

~~~~~~

"What are you smiling at?" Jack's voice brought Hiccup's attention back to the now almost empty hallway that he stood in.
"Nothing." Hiccup quickly put his phone back in his pocket.
"Ookay, anyway, I was meaning to ask you, what does 'not too casual, yet not too fancy' mean for a guy?" Jack stuck his hands in his own pockets.
"You're thinking about what to wear to the date/ball." Hiccup guessed.
"Aren't you?" Jack asked.
"Yeah, I was gonna ask Johnny but I haven't seen him yet." Hiccup started walking towards his first class, indicating for Jack to follow. "He's probably been to loads of these things, so he'd know."
"That's a good point." Jack nodded, "But you don't think it'll be too, um, expensive?"
Hiccup knew that Jack didn't like talking about how poor he was compared to most of his friends. "Why don't we go through all clothes in my attic? There's heaps up there, just collecting dust, there's all different styles and sizes, something'll work!"
"That's a great idea, I mean, if it's cool, man."
"Yeah, it'll be fun to look through it all, there's probably some dress coats from the 1800s up there!" They laughed until they passed Jack's classroom and bade farewell. Hiccup walked only a few steps alone before Mavis came running up to him.
"You'll never guess what just happened to me!" She gasped, out of breath from running.
"You were kidnapped by a flock of seagulls who said you had horrible fashion sense." This was a running joke between them, ever since Hiccup had had a dream about it.
"Close, but they were cheerleaders." Mavis laughed with Hiccup until both of their eyes were watering.
When they walked into their History and Mythology class, they both saw Johnny at the same moment and Mavis nearly tripped, though Hiccup helped her regain her balance, the commotion made Johnny turn around in his chair and grinned at Mavis. Until he saw the threat in Hiccup's eyes 'you  hurt my friend and I will murder you' and his grin wavered slightly. Hiccup could look quite threatening when he wanted to, despite being two inches shorter than the girl he walked with.
Mavis didn't notice the exchange and kept smiling at the ginger boy while walking to her seat, and trying not to trip again.
Hiccup's attention to the lesson was constantly interrupted by Johnny turning in his seat to smile at Mavis. Hiccup found they're lovey-dovey manner annoying.