Chapter 11

Last time Rebecca and I talked was the night of our fight. That night I probably stayed up for about three or four hours just crying until I fell asleep. When I woke up the next morning I had a voicemail from Rebecca. 
The day Rebecca disappeared: 

"Um.. Hi Taylor. It's me, but then you already knew that. Stupid caller I.D., right? Anyway, I'm probably the last person you expected to contact you. I know we haven't talked since the night of our fight, but I just want you to know that I don't regret anything I said, mainly because it was all true and you knew that. Adley did too. Not talking to you for the past month has been torture for me, and knowing you, it was for you too, but anyway that's not why I'm calling. I'm calling to say thanks. Thanks for all the memories, laughs, late night talks, sleepovers, everything. I'm genuine about that, so I'm sorry if I sound sarcastic or something. Anyway, I don't want you to grieve for me in anyway, shape, or form. This was my own choice. You may have influenced Adley's choice on what she did, but you didn't influence my choice on my leaving. You're always going to be my best friend, and nothing or no one is going to change that. I'm going to miss you when I leave, and I promise to think of you often. I know you're going to miss me, and I know you're going to grieve even though I'm telling you not to. I don't know how to express my love for you, my best friend. I never have and I never will. I really wish we had more time together, but sadly we don't. You've been such an incredible friend to me, and I couldn't think of anyone better to say my last words to. I love you so much more than you'll ever know, and I'm going to miss you so much. Love you! Bye." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That day Rebecca went missing, nobody knew where she went, nobody knew what happened to her. I was questioned so many times about if I knew where Rebecca was, and it finally took about the fifth or sixth interview for the cops to realize that no, I didn't know where my best friend was. It was about six months later when they found her body. She had committed suicide by hanging herself in the old apple orchard about twenty miles out of town. She was so decomposed when they found her that nobody could recognize her, but I did; she was still wearing the charm bracelet I got her for her sixteenth birthday. She never took that bracelet off, and she was buried with it on. She and Adley were buried right next to each other. God, I miss them both everyday.