Chapter 2

|Percy|

It was morning. I stared at the ceiling as my alarm clock blared the repetitive tune over and over again. I would turn it off but it doesn't really matter to me.

I noticed a few tears running down my face. I would wipe them off but it doesn't really matter to me.

My mom entered slowly, and saw my tear streaked face. "Oh honey" she said as she stopped the buzzing clock with her voice filled with sympathy, which I only read as pity.

She walked over and sat on the edge of my bed. "so um... how do you feel about school today?" She questioned softly, acknowledging the fact that I was in pain and did not wish to be bothered.

I turned my head towards her "Um... I don't think I can go today... maybe tomorrow." I said this to her almost every day, but she understands. she knows what I'm going through and that I cannot deal with the stress of high school.

"Well alright. But if you're not going to school, there's always camp-"

"No." I said the word way too strong. "I-I I'm sorry mom, but I already told you. I can't go back there." Tears stung my eyes more powerfully with every word.

I could never return to camp half-blood. After what had happened to Annabeth, all of my friends and fellow campers would hate me. They only liked me because of the powers I have to protect them. I'm a mess right now. I can hardly protect myself, much less an entire camp of hundreds of demigods. But Annabeth. Everyone knew Annabeth as a sister (some more literally than others) because she was kind, and brilliant, and had the most gorgeous smile that inspired people to write songs, train harder, or become better. She was so beautiful. Everyone loved her. And they would blame me for her death.

By now I had a constant stream of tears.

I rolled out of bed slowly. I threw on one of my older, rattier t-shirts. It doesn't really matter to me.

I went into the kitchen to see my mom making my favorite blue pancakes.

"Oh, hey sweetie" she said, her voice low. I needed to stop being so selfish. My mother loved Annabeth as her own daughter, and yet she just keeps working. She's still working on her novel, which is amazing. I just don't know how she does it.

On the table was a small grey marble that looked just like Annabeth's eyes. Oh how I loved those eyes. They way they would roll whenever I did something stupid. I could never forget that.

And I'll also never forget out last day together.

Alright well this is chapter 2! so anyway I will probably be updating on Wednesdays and Saturdays and I promise you I will give you a plot beginning next chapter! Yay! And trust me it will get a lot more lighthearted, I know all the chapters so far have been like super dark. Thanks guys!

-Maya