Chapter 5

Here goes my second try then...

I heard hushed voices though didn't recognize any of them, things were being moved and I lay on a bed or something soft as one. When I woke up I was outside my house surrounded by men in uniform. I only then registered that I was on a gurney the hushed voices the paramedics talking among themselves, they had their backs to me, "I tell you it's the weirdest thing, they could not get the body off the wall and then the cops say that whoever killed her, well they did a job on her. Then the girl-"when they turned to look at me they say I was awake and stopped talking. I sat up and tried getting on my feet but they stopped me, "Miss, please we need you to stay down" the other one just pushed me down. I was about to protest when I saw Luca, he stood next to one of the officers and looked like he was having a serious chat with him. That was enough for me, I jumped up and ran to him.

I finally made it to him when he turned to me, but when he did I stopped in my tracks with the look he gave me. Hatred. The officer had turned to and when I looked at him was shocked to see that he had some resemblance to Luca, only older. I was mere feet away from Luca when he spoke, "You lied! You're one of them, and you just acted as if..." he didn't finish but I knew what he wanted to say. His face was twisted in disgust and I wouldn't blame him, I was what they hated, hunted and killed. The guy who looked like him, his face too held the same expressions though when he spoke his voice was calm and collected, "Miss we need to take a report from what happened here, but..." he gave an anxious look around before adding "we are taking you to The Sanctum for 'our' questioning." When I looked over at Luca he was looking at the ground, his face was unreadable. I nodded, "Yes sir, I understand." He showed me to follow him and I did, though he told Luca I should ride with him in his pick up, he only gave a curt nod and I followed him instead.

The ride was, weird if not filled with an awkward vibe, when Luca had showed me to the car he had handcuffed me with specialized cuffs meant for witches. I didn't tell him that is only worked on darkies, only because I knew he felt safer with me in some restraints. I grew uncomfortable with the silence and broke it, "Please just say something." He sifted in his seat but didn't say a word, "Luca- you need to understand I didn't mean to run or ever see you again af-" he looked at me suddenly "So it was you in Forks!" I was side-tracked by his statement and straggled to answer him at first, "Of course it was me, I thought you- never mind that's beside the point." I was trying to explain why I did what I did, but he cut me off "Never mind! Do you know what my father did to me for losing you! I don't know how things work with you- you witches but we get punished, and the spell you did fucked me up!"

I was shocked beyond words "It- it only made you sleep." I said and he scoffed "Only made me sleep? Well when I woke up I couldn't sleep for a whole damn month! I was exhausted and had lost a lot of training, thanks to your spell my ceremony was delayed for a year. I would have been-" I grew tired of his rant so I burst," I am sorry! I didn't choose this life it was given to me at birth! You hate what you do- don't dare deny it- but you think I love what I am? A freak of nature as it would be, sure I got gifts and some powers... well whoop-the-fucking-do! My mother was a witch but my father a human, technically I am half witch. You hunters think you're saving the world from our kind, well you only doing half the job th-" the car came to a screeching stop. Luca turned to me "Your kind killed my mother! So we hunters are saving the world, you and your kind kills them, or as sick as you can be trick humans into doing your bidding. So don't you dare say we do a half job you-" I gave a puff and jumped out of the car and broke free of the restraints.

Luca stayed in the car and I was so frustrated, that I stretched my hand out toward him and dragged him out of the car. He gave a yelp and tried to struggle out of my 'grip' to no avail, I let him float in the air and with a deep breath looked up at him. When I felt that I was calm enough I started with the start, "What I am trying to say is, that you do a good job but you are killing some of the wrong witches. Before you say anything let me finish, like every bad thing there is a good part. Take humans as an example, you get your good civil people then you get your bad people, witches are the same. White witches was actually the first to exist, but one of the first sisters became greedy with power and chose to be the first ever dark witch. It's easy to tell the difference, dark witches may be powerful but they didn't come to get the power on a honest way," I gave a shudder thinking about the how's but continued "with that much power comes a price, they would never be beautiful, well not naturally, and then the smell of decay, though I never quite understood that. But the thing I am trying to say is that you get those that are good, and I am one of those." Luca looked at me for a moment and looked away, "Can you please put me down now, let me talk to you."