Part 8

Simon's heart fluttered, and he blinked as Oath's lips moved against his own for a brief couple of seconds before he pulled away. His heartbeat was racing now, and he took in a deep breath as Oath moved off of him, a somewhat serious expression on his face. "Oath," Simon started, unsure of what else to say.

Oath held up a hand to silence Simon, getting up from the ground as he did. "Let's talk about it tomorrow," he mumbled, biting down on his lip as he looked towards the door. He strode forward, but hesitated at the doorway. "Uh, goodnight Simon."

"Goodnight, Oath." Simon whispered, remaining where he was on the floor. He waited for Oath's departure before letting out a shaky breath. His head was spinning, and he had absolutely no idea what to think. This definitely wasn't right, that was for sure. He couldn't have possibly liked the kiss! Oath was a man, and so was Simon. He let Oath get a little too close, and Oath had taken the opportunity to kiss him. Of course something like this was bound to happen, especially since Oath obviously had an interest in him, or at least, in men. It was a fluke. It wouldn't happen again, and if it did, Simon was sure he'd be more repulsed, like he should have been this time.

But the problem was still there, even though he had tried to convince himself otherwise; Simon hadn't actually minded kissing Oath. It hadn't disgusted him like it was suppose to. Even if he was sure the next time it happened, if it did happen again, he'd be grossed out, the fact was still there; he hadn't found anything particularly wrong with Oath's chapped lips being pressed up against his own. "Damn him..." He grumbled, getting off of the floor and crawling onto the bed. Within a couple of moments he was wrapped up in a bundle of blankets, staring up at the ceiling warily.

"Something is wrong with you," a shrill, high pitched voice whispered from beneath Simon's pillow. He knew no one was actually there, so he kept quiet. "You're so repulsive. Why won't you just die already?"

Simon closed his eyes, a single tear making its way down his cheek before he finally fell asleep.

He woke up to the sound of someone knocking on his apartment door.

Simon let out a sigh, getting up from bed. Apparently, he had slipped his boot off when he was asleep, because as he got up he realized it wasn't on. He took a step forward, scowling when his ankle began to throb. "Dammit," he whispered, taking another step forward. The pain this time was much worse, and Simon bit down to keep from crying out as he waddled towards the front door. He was grateful for his apartment being so small as he opened the door, glancing up at the male that stood there, smiling.

Oath held up a bag of powdered donuts, and Simon frowned and opened the door up wider. "How'd you know I liked those?" He asked curiously as Oath walked in the apartment and placed the bag down on the small kitchen table.

"Just a guess," Oath said with a shrug, his eyes landing on Simon's leg. "Where's the boot?"

"In my room," Simon replied, looking towards his bedroom. Oath made a face, and Simon rolled his eyes. "I wanted to make sure I got to the door in time, Oath. I'll put it on now..." He assured, taking a couple staggering steps forward. The pain continued to increase, and he let out a whimper.

"You're the biggest idiot I've ever met," Oath stated as he strode over to the male, picking him up in one sweeping motion. He placed Simon down on the bed when they were inside his room, and Simon blushed as Oath grabbed the boot and helped put it on. When he finished strapping it on, he glanced up at Simon, raising an eyebrow. "Why are you so red?"

Simon blinked, pushing a couple strands of hair out of his face. "What do you mean? I'm just..." He shook his head. His mind seemed to be intent on reminding Simon what had happened between the two the night before, and Simon felt more and more embarrassed as he thought about it.

"Are you getting all flustered because I kissed you?" Oath asked with a grin, patting Simon's leg as he got up and sat on the bed next to him. "Or is it because you kissed back?"

Simon's eyes widened, and his head jerked up as he watched Oath. The cruel words he had heard the night before echoed in his mind, and he swallowed the lump in his throat before responding. "I did not kiss back!" He exclaimed, shaking his head repeatedly. "No. No. No. I didn't..." He mumbled, trying to reassure himself. He hadn't, right? Oath was just being stupid...

"Really? Huh...I guess you'll have to do it this time, then." Simon glanced over at the male next to him, his eyes filled with confusion and shock. As he opened his mouth to speak, Oath cupped Simon's cheeks with his hands and pulled him forward, causing their lips to collide. Simon let out a sound of protest, but Oath ignored it as he proceeded to kiss the brunette.

Simon closed his eyes--unintentionally, of course--and before he could really think about what the hell he was doing, he was kissing Oath back. Their lips moved against one another's in synchronization for a long moment, and when Simon's mouth parted, Oath took that to his advantage. The moment Oath's tongue slid across Simon's lower lip, Simon pretty much came back to his senses, and he lurched backwards, falling off of the bed and onto the ground.

"Holy fuck," Simon whispered, closing his eyes tightly as he felt a tremendous amount of pain flood through his ankle.

Oath's laughter caused him to snap out of his surprise and self-pity, and he reopened his eyes, frowning. He was literally howling with laughter. "Oh my god," He gasped, clutching at his side. "You fell..." He shook his head, falling back onto the bed as his laughs filled the small apartment room. Simon's cheeks reddened, and his lip quivered slightly as he got back up off of the ground, trying to recollect himself. The pain was still very much present, and it hurt more and more each second he stood on it. Simon sat down onto the bed again, trying his hardest to ignore Oath as he felt around his bed sheets for the pill bottle that should be entangled in them.

When he came up short, he took in a deep breath and slapped Oath's thigh. The male's laughter died down in an instant, and he sat back up, wiping the tears in his eyes. "Oh man..." He mumbled happily, shaking his head yet again, as if he couldn't seem to really believe that had just happened.

"Oath," Simon whispered, his shaky fingers undoing the velcro on his boot as he took it off. "I hurt my ankle when I fell and I can't find my pain medication."

Oath's happy expression diminished within a second, and he let out a long sigh. "Shit..." He murmured, reaching into his coat pocket and pulling out a pill bottle; the same pill bottle he was looking for in the first place. The one that should've been somewhere on his bed. "Here you are, Princess." He smiled reassuringly, and Simon didn't even bother to question why Oath had it in the first place...When it all came down to it, he didn't really care.

Plopping a couple of the pills into his mouth, Simon watched Oath for a long moment. Oath noticed his starring, and he rose an eyebrow in question, scooting closer. "What?"

"I can't believe you kissed me again..." He uttered under his breath, causing Oath to roll his eyes.

"Simon, you know you liked it. You even kissed back this time, for sure."

"Wh-Whatever..."