Chapter 8: What has been done?

*THUD* Sonic staggered to his feet. "Good job...I may have no back now.." He smiles at his terrible joke and walks over to the armored Shadow. It has been 6 months since Jules gave the go-ahead on Sonic to train Shadow. As Shadow started to remove his armor, Sonic walked over and watched Shadow. "Hey, is that blood on your neck?" Shadow drops the piece of armor in his hand and grabs his neck and pulls it down to see it. "Huh. Must've scratched it during training." He finished removing the armor and looks at Sonic. "Hey, you don't look to good. Are you ok?" Sonic walks to him and grabs his shoulder, bringing him close to his neck. "Shadow...that's a.....werewolf bite..." Shadow tenses up and tries to break free of Sonic's grasp, but fails.  Sonic pulls Shadow closer and does the unthinkable.

He kisses Shadow.

Shadow's pov

Oh my god. Sonic is kissing me...PRINCE SONIC IS KISSING ME. I don't really know where to put my hands so I just put them on his waist, then I put them around his neck.I brush the bottem of his quills and he moans, pulling away from my mouth and gently nips at my neck,on my right side whereas the werewolf bite is on my left side. I moan in pleasurable pain as he draws a small amount of blood. Then we hear footsteps and spring apart.

Normal pov

Midnight walks up and is holding a piece of paper, looking somber. Sonic looks at her questionably. "Mid? What's wrong?" "This is for Shadow. I wish I didn't have to do this." and she hands him the paper and leaves. Shadow looks at the paper, and then drops it, his eyes wide with pain and is visibly shaken. "Shadow?" He falls on his knees, tears falling and turning the dry ground to mud. Sonic walks over and picks the paper up and reads it.

           Dear Shadow Hedgehog,

It is with deep regret to inform you that your sister, Mariea, was emitted to the hospital to be treated for a vampire bite. However, due to the rise in these cases, we did not have any doses left of the cure. We tried to save her, even had a werewolf donor, because their blood is also a cure, donated her blood and we were just too late with the follow-up dosage. We are sorry to say that your sister has died. We are, however, giving you the chance for her to have a funeral free of charge and her burial to be located anywhere on the whole planet. Thank you for taking the time to read this and we send our condolences.

          Sincerely,

            Doctors at Aleena Jules National Hospital.

The hospital we founded after Mom died?  Sonic wondered. But he silently kneeled down next to Shadow and put a hand on his shoulder and bowed his head as well.