4. Autumn Leaves

A/N Hi guys! So I'm feeling really good about the story tonight so I'm going to keep going with it as far as I can! As ever I would love to hear from you so please comment and vote! Also what do you think is happening? Id love to hear your theories and where you think the story should go... Who do you think is Jess's mate?

Oh and last but not least who do you imagine as Jess??

Ok love you guys Alex xx

4.

Pure heat touches my skin wherever he looks at me, as if he's literally burning me with those golden flaming eyes.

"Alpha" Alex mutters as he stares at the ground out of respect for our soon to be leader.

"Alex" Hunter snarls through gritted teeth. What ever Alex has done it must be bad for everyone to be reacting so strongly to him. I know that Hunter doesn't like him, but he usually just ignores him?

I know its doesn't make much sense and I know I may have slightly over reacted but I'm still kind of pissed about this morning. So I square my shoulders and refuse to submit to his gaze. Instead I look him dead in his beautiful still glowing eyes and say "Morning Hunter, and thank you for wishing me a happy birthday" Without giving him chance to reply I storm out of the kitchen and towards the front door. I step out into the cool air and feel the sun on my face. I'm sure I hear another low growl sound from behind me as the door closes, but I ignore it and head towards the woods.

I need some alone time and I don't have any duties today. Even I get the day off for my birthday.
The bright red and golden leaves crunch under my feet as I head towards the fiery autumn trees. I love this time of year, love to see how the season changes our world in silent preparation for winter. Sometimes I feel forever in autumn, constantly waiting for the snow. Waiting for something to bite at my roots and chill me to the core.

The wind whips at my hair and cascades it out behind me in golden ribbons in the light. I feel him coming before I smell his comforting sent. "what do you want?" I whisper to the wind, not turning to look at him.

"There's something wrong with you today Jessie, I'm worried!" Hunter shouts back, using the name I only hear in my room.
"Wrong with me?" I laugh as I turn back towards the house and a sultry looking Alpha "the only thing wrong with me today is you!" He looks up at me and I'm sure I see hurt flash across his eyes.

"No Jessie, there's something else, you smell weird, you're acting strange and you look...different?" he says as he tilts his head to the side, my Alpha male looking at me like a confused puppy.

"No there's not! What's wrong with you guys? A girl can't make a special effort and change her shampoo without it being a big deal? I cant stand up to you without there being something wrong with me? What I'm not allowed to expect anything on my birthday, even if its just a public hello?"

I turn back around and take a deep breath to calm my wolf, the temptation to change is almost overwhelming and I cannot ruin this dress!

"No Jessie, this isn't shampoo and a slutty dress!" he snarls at me and I see red, I can't hold on any longer and I feel my skin shift. The pain is indescribable, there's a reason wolves don't shift all the time like in the movies. I feel every bone in my body turn to mush breaking and grinding, growing and stretching as my teeth are pushed out and replaced by the powerful teeth of her.

My eyes cry blood as they constrict and change to blue and the transformation is complete. I stand tall on my four legs and look longingly at the remains of my beautiful birthday dress. Bastard! I'm even more angry than I was before as I turn to stare at Hunter. But my growl gets lost in my throat as I see him changing in front of me.

I watch as his clothes are ripped from his body his arms forced to the floor as his elbows break backwards and crack. Then just as quickly as it began its all over and his beautiful black beast stands panting before me. Those flaming golden eyes searching for something in my blue pools. He leaps and before I can react I'm pinned to the floor beneath his huge wolf.

I yelp from the impact and on instinct I offer him my neck. Instantly he dives forward and pushed his nose in the fur below my neck inhaling deeply. I wait a few moments, his wolf is much larger than mine and he is the Alpha. His behavior is strange though, he's never shown me any interest as his wolf before, not that we've spent much time like this together. The pain of changing is so strong that most wolves only shift when we have to on the full moon or when our emotions are at extremes and the beast over takes us.

Hunter always leads the pack on the full moons where as I tend to stick to the back or where ever Alex has dragged me to. Our wolves have barely ever even seen each other, so I wonder if this is him trying to recognize me. After another minute of this weirdness I try to move, try to push him off me with my front paws. I'm only greeted with a deep snarl and something wet on my neck. Is he? Is he licking me?

What the hell. This time with much more force I push with all my legs until I feel his weight shift off of me. I quickly leap up on my feet and try to put a bit of distance between us. Panting now I look up at him with a tilted confused head. But he's gone, I see his silhouette running through the forest a dark blur in the shadows of the trees. I think that's what he always is, just a shadow. The reflection of the light he has to be, the real him cast behind the spotlight that's always shining on him.

I'm going to follow him, find out what's really going on. I start to run and it feels so good. Its been too long since I fully stretched my legs, since I really let myself be free and just run. I hear the leaves crunch beneath my powerful paws and the trees hiss as I pass them so fast, just blurs of trunks and branches.