Chapter 7

Louis

My eyes open, and I rub them groggily. What time is it?
I see that sunlight is pouring in through the tall windows, and I am sprawled across the living room carpet. Red cups and puddles of God knows what litter the floor and every countertop and table. Andrew is curled up on the couch, cocooned in Christmas lights. I sit up, removing my crown from my head. A few people still linger in the house; from what I can see so far, the ones who are still out cold, lying down on the mahogany hardwood. I stand up, pulling down my top. My shoes are across the room, in a pile with other shoes. As I make my way upstairs, I step over tiaras and Santa hats, and ignore the fact that there is, in fact, a few doors actually ripped from their hinges and placed in the corridor like some sort of pathway. Not my house, not my problem. This happens every year, but Andrew never has to clean up any of this mess himself; that's what cleaning services are for, I guess. I search for a bathroom, and eventually find one on the third floor that still has a door shielding the room. Even though everyone else in this house is sleeping, I still like my privacy.
I walk back downstairs, and see a few people stirring, picking mini umbrellas from cocktails from their hair. I ignore them as best as I can. As I flip through my phone, I notice a whole bunch of new numbers, including Harry's. I feel a little flutter of happiness, and try to suppress the feeling. I still don't even know if he's gay. It will just be wrong if I'm into him and he is straight. Wrong, and disappointing. Andrew is missing from his place on the sofa when I walk through the living room, and I presume that he is calling the cleaning service. Not feeling really into talking to anyone, I go to the present table and bag everything up, and leave. I go to my car outside, nearly smashing my face in on the ice. Once I get to my car, I notice it seems a little lower then usual. I peer down at my tires, and see that they have all been slashed. Just perfect. You think good things will happen to a person on his actual birthday. Well fùck. What do I do? Andrew is useless, and everyone else is hungover. I glance at my phone and remember... Harry! Will he mind if I call him and ask for a ride? I have to be at work in an hour, and I look like I just got run over by a bus. Maybe he will pity me and give me a ride. It's worth a try. I press his contact. I can't help but notice his adorable contact photo that must of been taken last night: he is wearing boxing gloves and his hair is all disheveled.
"Hello?" His deep voice comes through the phone, and I smile.
"Hello Harry? It's Louis. Louis Tomlinson?" I say, mentally face palming. Who other Louis could he know? Well, he could know a couple, if he tried...
"Oh, hey Louis. What's up?" He yawns, and I scold myself for waking him.
"Nothing much. I'm sorry, did I wake you?" I ask, biting my lip. He chuckles.
"No Louis, I've been up for a while actually."
"Oh. Okay." Not really sure how to continue the conversation.
"Is there something you need?" He questions.
"Ehm, yeah, actually. Some arsehole slashed my tires last night, and I have work soon. I was wondering if you could help me out?" I hold my breath, praying he says yes. There is a pause.
"Sure, I'll be there in a few."
I breathe a sigh of relief.
"Thank you so much Harry." I rush out, gathering my things.
"No problem. See you soon." He hangs up, and that giddy feeling returns. I can't help it, I have to find out if he's a potential date for me. That sounds self centered, I know, but it's true. I stand on the slippery front steps, clinging to the railing, until Harry arrives. I can't stop smiling like a fool. Ugh, I'm so stupid. He's just a boy. Keep telling yourself that.

  I climb into the passenger seat, and am overwhelmed with the car's heat.
  "Sure is hot in here," I remark, and he laughs. "Better than cold, though." I add, before he thinks I'm stuck up. He nods. I give him my flat address and we drive off, the snow covered trees dancing in the wind. We chat throughout the ride, just about our jobs and such, but the topic I have been hoping for hasn't come up. Once we reach my flat, I say a dreaded goodbye, and he smiles.
  "Goodbye, Lou." He says smirking, as if the nickname is so clever. I feel my cheeks get hot, so I turn around and walk into the building as best I could. On the ice, I walk like a baby dear. As he drives away, I feel like nothing can replace the emotion that has filled me.
Pure happiness.

Hello! It's been a while. Comment! Vote! Do what you must! Grazie, Arrivederci.
All the love- N xx