Chapter 6

Harry

   Is this right? I think as I drive down the narrow dirt road. I hope he didn't text me the wrong address. Maybe this huge road is a driveway... My car hits a rock, and bounces. My phone falls off the passenger seat, jumping from the floor with every rock I roll across. I reach a clearing, and a huge house comes into my view. Woah... More like a mansion. Christmas lights are strung up in front of the house, along with carved pumpkins on the front staircase. Whoever decorated must be extremely confused on what holiday it is. I pull up behind another car and pull the keys from the ignition. The snow cracks under my feet as I approach the house. I tie the strings of my boxing gloves to my belt loop, and walk up the stairs. People are mingling on the porch and drinking something (presumedly alcohol) from red plastic cups. I notice immediately that my costume is underdressed. I see girls with full blown ball gowns and silver tiaras and guys with massive dragon wings. I glance down at my outfit: cargo shorts, a muscle tee, and boxing gloves. Boy, I'm gonna be the life of the party.
I pull open the massive double doors to reveal something very Nightmare Before Christmas-ey. Mistletoe is hung above every door frame, while fake dancing skeletons are hung from the ceiling. This is terrifying. Why am I even here? I turn to leave. This isn't exactly the right place for me. I open the door.
"Harry?" A small voice. From behind me says. I turn around. In front of me is a prince, dressed in velvet and wearing a crown. "Do I know you?" I ask, shuffling my feet awkwardly. The boy's face flushed with embarrassment, and he looks down at his feet meekly.
"Sorry. I don't know why I expected you to recognize me. I'm the boy from the flower shop..." He says, looking at me with big blue eyes. That's right.., my mind flashes back to buying flowers from an adorable floppy haired boy. His adorable grin, and those eyes. How did I forget those eyes? But what's his name?
  "Louis," I say, unsure if I'm correct. He gives me a small nod, and grins, displaying a perfect set of teeth. "What are you doing at my birthday party?" He asks, as we sit down on the plush couch. "This is your party?" I ask, dumbfounded. "I thought it was a Halloween-Christmas party." I joke, and he laughs.
"No, it just supposed to be a costume party, but me mate Andrew blew it way out of proportion. This is his house." He says, and I raise my eyebrows.
"See, my birthday is n Christmas Eve, so Andrew just decorated for the holidays and the theme of the party." He explains, and I nod in understanding. I pull at the strings in my boxing gloves. "Is Andrew your boyfriend?" I ask curiously. His eyes brighten and sparkle, and he laughs. "No, he's just my friend."
Oh. So he's not gay. Okay. Glad that's been clarified.
"What about you?" My head snaps up to see him smiling with his head adorably tilted, like a puppy. "Oh, no. Not all all." I answer him honestly. He looks at me funny for a moment.
"What is it ?" I ask, and he furrows his eyebrows. "Who were the flowers for then?" I'm taken back, surprised he jumped to the conclusion of a spouse. "Not to pry or anything," he adds on quickly, averting my gaze. I sit back, feeling quite odd for the fact that he cares about such a small thing.
"They're for my mum. It was her birthday the other day." I tell him matter-of-factly, smirking at Louis. He lifts his head and smiles a perfect smile. "Okay, cool." He says.

We talk for the rest of the party, and the entire party sings happy birthday to Louis, his face cutely going red from all the attention. We eat a giant chocolate cake, and at some point Louis takes my boxing gloves and pretends to punch me. For my first party since high school, it felt pretty good. At four in the morning, everyone starts to empty out, having to get to their jobs (or not) in just a couple of hours. I bid my goodbyes to Louis. As I climb into my car, I can't shake the butterflies feeling in my stomach.