Nothing better than good ol' Texas

Nothing better than good ol' texas

Part 2

I walked to the front door of the barn house and gave it a knock. I waited silently for thw owner to open the door. I breathed in a deep breath as my father opened the door and just stood there silently.

"We need to talk....."

"Rika.." My dad looked at me sadley. I hesitated to even talk to him, but I had to.

"I need to know, why did you leave us?" He sighed and invited me inside. We sat down on his couch as we just sat silent.

"*Sigh* I don't know what to say other than that I am truly sorry." He started to silently weep. I looked at him in shock.

"I wish I could go back in time and change what I've done." He looked at me apologeticaly.

"Why though?"

"I was getting frustrated with your mother since she was always away and it was getting harder to take of you since I had to get a job, since your mother never payed the bills with her money, so your grandma started to watch you as I worked durring the day." He paused to let me catch up to his story,"Well one day I went decided that enough was enough and out of revenge for your mother dumping everything on me, I slept with another woman when you were at your grandmother's house." I stared at him in shock.

"You-You cheated on mom?"

"Yes, your mother came home earlier than expected and caught me and that woman, we argued over and over." He sighed and continued,"So I left."

He looked at me and almost broke down again.

"Dad..."

"I left you behind because I would have no money left after moving in with your uncle."

I had no words after that. I was mad at him, but he had his reasonings. We both got up at the same time.

"Rika will you ever forgive me?" He begged me. I thought for a minute.

'Should I really forgive-no... Of course I should forgive him!'

"Yes......" I said quietly. He looked up tears streaming down his face.

"W-What?" He came over and pulled me into a hug.

"Yes I forgive you!" I closed my eyes as his grip tightened around me.

There was a light tap on the wall next to us. A women stood there smiling.

"So this is the infamous daughter of Ryan Nonaka?" She smiled at me. I quickly wiped the tears from my eyes and shook her hand.

"Yeah I'm-"

"Rika, I know." She smiled and pulled me into an embrase. I was shocked at the sudden hug from her.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I'm Lauren Moore-" She smiled at me and placed a comforting hand on my shoulder,"Well Lauren Nonaka, I'm your step-mom." I looked at her in shock then at my dad.

I needed to get this out of my chest.

"How long?"

"Ten years." He smiled.

"Wow so you were able to get a girlfriend and get married in ten years when my mom still can't find a guy!" I laughed.

"Heh, your mom is impossible."

Two more people came in. One who looked near my age maybe younger and one who was a lot younger than me.

The oldest was a guy with dark brown hair and deep brown eyes. He looked around 17 years old.