Chapter 1

It was Halloween where I lived, my favorite time of the year, probably my friends favorite time of the year as well.

The costumes and candy, a wonderful combination if you ask me, no matter how old you were you could enjoy a night of trick or treating.

I'm twenty years old and still loved going out late at night, dressed in a costume I put together myself and going to get candy as a reward. My friend Cherry Pie Strider would always stop by for the night and we would take turns keeping brats from damaging my house by scaring them away with different methods, this way so that they could never warn each other about what our house does to ruin the surprise.

It helped to keep unwanted assholes away too, good times. Tonight I had a great costume planned out, simple yet creepy. But before I could pull it on for the night I had to endure one thing for the day.

University, Anglo University, one of the preppiest schools out there, it never ceased to tick me off. I was a favorite target of head boy and head girl Christoph and Tarisha.

They were a couple but Christoph was known for flirting with anything that has two legs and breathes.

I hated him, Cherry hated him too, and we hated both of them because we didn't agree with the way they were. Oh well, you can't have everyone kiss your ass.

And eventually they would learn that, I walked past a group of preppy cheerleaders, crowded together and whispering excitedly over football game gossip.

They were annoying as hell; I was looking for mine and Cherry Pie's secret meeting place. The one place no prep dared to go.

The abandoned old library building, they had made up some rumor that it was haunted scaring everyone away from it.

Making it for curious people who loved that sort of thing, meaning Strider and myself; to check it out for ourselves, only to be disappointed in the discovery of it not being true.

But that was also how we met and became friends. I found it and climbed in through the broken window.

I noticed all our decorations were up making me grin with delight.

"Cherry Pie, I brought the fogger!" I called out hearing my voice echo.

Out popped the bright red haired girl, shades on her head and wearing red eye contacts, she grinned at me.

"Good, I just got the last of the webs up and the do not enter haunted sign. You'll need to help me place the skeleton and the corpses." She said dusting off her hands on her dark jeans.

I nodded setting my backpack down on a box of old books. "Sounds good, carrying the fogger around is killer on my back." I remarked pulling the device out.

"Think the head honcho's will find out we are skipping today?"

"Do you honestly believe they'll set foot inside the 'haunted library'" I remarked smirking.

"Good point." She concluded and we walked over to the old plug, plugging in the fogger, moved it just so that the fog reached both the outside and the inside. Without being able to be seen too well, we then raced to one of the shelves were we had assorted fake skeletons and picked up the most realistic one and moved him to the window, positioning him in such a way as if he were standing guard just by it. One hand poised to wave when necessary.

We picked up an outfit, a security guard uniform that had been acquired by us for creative purposes last year.

We had made adjustments to it, tears here and there, fake blood on the hat and staining the shirt. We dressed the skeleton and Cherry saluted him.