Chapter Six: In the Dark

I sat next to Keiton on his bed. I was at one end, and he was at the other.

"I wish you would relax more around me, Rairakku-chan," Keiton mused, looking at me with beady eyes. I shifted, my face heating.

"You're just the second boy I've been around, that's all," I responded, glad my voice could keep steady. "It's just...new to me."

"Well," Keiton started, inching from his spot on the other side of the bed. "It's new to be sharing a room with my future wife. We are getting married. I think we should try to enhance our relationship..." he trailed off, and continued to move forward. I gulped, and turned to fully face him.

I opened my mouth to speak, but nothing came out, so I closed it, only to open it again, and close it again. I sighed, and looked down, my nerves sending uncomfortable chills down my body. Was I scared? Worried? Curious? Excited? I couldn't tell. Before I knew it, Keiton was right next to me, reaching out to touch me. I didn't stop him. I let him place his hand on my thigh and wrap his other arm around me, to almost pull me into a hug.

His thumb rubbed small circles on my thigh lightly, making a small blush powered my cheeks. As casually as I could, I moved his hand away from my thigh, letting it drop to the bed.

"Too sudden?" Keiton asked, letting go of me, and scooting over a little bit so there was a gap between us. I bit my lip and nodded.

"I don't think we should do anything intimate until the...marriage," I whispered, my breath catching in my throat.

Keiton faked a small smile and just nodded.

"I just don't want to rush anything," I blurted. The look on his face made me feel guilty, even though I hadn't done anything wrong.

"Rush what?" Keiton bit at me. I flinched at his words.

"Rush the relationship," I supplied.

"We're going to be married a long time, I don't think there's a such thing as rushing," Keiton grumbled.

"Yes, so we have the rest of our marriage to gradually do more," I piped, trying to end the conversation. I stood up, walking a couple of steps before turning and saying, "I'll be in my garden if you need me."

Keiton just nodded, getting up from the bed and busying himself with reading.

I frowned at his bitterness and stalked out of the room, eager to go and tend to the plants Keiton has generously provided me. As I walked down the hall, a closet door I had just past slid open, and a hand shot out, grabbing me, and pulling me into it.

A hand was clamped onto my mouth to keep me from making a noise. I felt my throat constrict out of fear. "Stop it, it's me. You don't know how much of a pain it is to get in here," a familiar voice hissed. I gasped, and slapped the hand away, turning to face the voice. It was pitch black in the closet, so I couldn't see anything, but still, I could feel the heat coming from the other body.

"Yameru?" I whispered, not able to hold back the happiness in my voice. "Is it really you?" I paused, my eyebrows scrunching. I fisted my hand, and shot it forward, successfully hitting Yameru in the gut. He grunted, and I could tell he was glaring at me. "You ass, where have you been?!"

"Don't test my patience," he snapped, "I have had it stretched just by getting in here. Jeez, you should tell your husband-to-be that you aren't very well protected." Yameru sighed, and leaned away from me, most likely leaning against the wall. I just scoffed.

"I'm fine," I assured, waving him off. "I can take care of myself."

"Hn, didn't you say something like that to your father," Yameru hummed. I felt my breath catch in my throat. I never forgot about the day Yameru had suddenly appeared in my life in his disrespectful glory.