Chapter Two: Little Lunatic

You can't let your anger get to you. Keep calm, Rairakku, I thought to myself, walking away.

I couldn't help the anger sweeping into my stride. It annoyed me that I moved in such a 'wiggly' way.

Just go see Rin-san. Everything will be fine. Nothing bad can happen with her. She's going to make this all better somehow, I reminded myself while I walked down the dirt path I knew very well.

When I came to the fork in the path I instantly stopped and thought about where we were going to meet.

Were we meeting in town, or at her house? Um, well it can't hurt to check her house first, I thought, feeling a sudden lift of happiness that flooded my gut at the blissful thought of busying myself. I took the left side of the road, going into deeper forest, and trying not to step on twigs and leaves, making a game out of being silent as possible. Of course I was barefoot and my feet were obviously going to reflect that I was in the woods, or maybe look like I was in the garden, but not going to someone's house.

I sighed after a moment of walking, feeling eyes on my back.

Of course. I have that stalker to worry about. What if he reports to my father that I am hanging out with Rin-san? And what if he figures out that she's teaching me things that he never wants me to learn? Oh God. What would he do if he finds out she's teaching me some jutsu? I felt my heart sink and I couldn't help the regretful feeling that filled my gut. It would be my fault if that happened! I sighed and then shook my head slowly. I knew Rin-san could take care of herself, but that didn't stop the feeling in my gut.

I don't know why, but I never listen to the feelings in my gut, but I know I should. They only are trying to warn me or something, but when it comes to Rin, I didn't think anything bad could ever happen to her. She was untouchable, strong, and willed. She was so different, and kind in her own way. So unique and not bothered that people despised her and almost always instantly hated her for her positive and bubbly attitude...plus her lack of womanly skills.

I frowned thinking of all of the things my father would do if her found out I was learning jutsu. It was again one of those things were women and men differed in the house hold. Women were to clean and cook, men were to fight and protect their family. I liquid feeling discomfort swished around my gut, but when I saw Rin's house, it faded into excitement. I smiled pleasantly, and walked around to the front to get into the only entrance. I didn't knock, just stepped in.

"Hello? Rin-san?" I asked, walking in farther, not closing the door. I made sure not the hit the couch while I walked forward, looking into the kitchen, and bedroom.

"I'm over here - and stop calling me that!" she called from the living room. I turned around quickly. My eyes swept over her and she smiled, meeting my eyes. "I'm making lunch," she informed, poking something out of the fire, and setting it on a white plate. I looked down at her plate and smiled, feeling as if I should laugh at her failure. I placed a hand over my mouth to stop any of that sound from coming out. After a second of collecting myself, I cleared my throat and sat down next to her on the floor, acting as if I hadn't been about to laugh at her mindlessly.

"That looks...yummy?" I said, shaking my head. Rin sighed and flicked it with her finger.

She nodded, while saying, "My best attempt so far, but it doesn't look editable. Can I barrow your cooking skills?"

"Later, I have a problem." She tilted her head my way, suddenly serious. Her bright blue eyes turned stern as she did so.

"What is it?" she demanded.

A small knock on the door made her eyes flick over and she blinked, then scoffed, shaking her head as if disappointed.

"You brought a guy with you? Why didn't you just say so?" she asked, hitting my arm with her shoulder. She grabbed her plate and stood up.