12. That Night

IMPORTANT

So guys everything in italics is the past. I tried my best and I really hope you like this chapter. PLEASE leave me comments on how you found it.

_____________________

"Oh no! There's only a few more hours till the party starts! Al, I don't even know what to wear!" I cried, as I bounced back on my bed, tired of searching for an outfit.

"It's okey Ar! We'll find something. Wanna go grab something? From the mall?" She asked, sitting next to me.

"No.. We've already spent heaps! I don't wanna go get something only for a party I really think is pointless." I sighed.

"Why do you think it's pointless Ar?"

"Because.."

"Because why? Learn to have fun! Last year of high school had just ended babe!" She tried to convince me.

"Because you know everyone's gonna get wasted! And these parties always make me feel left out. It feels like I don't even belong here!"I said in my defence.

"Your parents are organising the party! I mean, you parents! My parents would never do that! You know.. They want you to have fun! Not lock yourself in your room. They want you to live again. After.. After he left you have learned how to exclude yourself from everything, Ar. You shouldn't allow him to affect you in such ways. It's been almost six months since he left. He didn't give you any explanations. Or any call or text. Get over it Ariana. Get over him. He was your past, don't let him ruin your future." Alice explained to me. Even though we were nearly the same age, she had always been the older sister I never had to me. I was closest with her than the other girls. And she was right, why should I let someone who left me hanging like a dress on a hanger, control me?

His name was Isaac. Isaac and I have been together for almost four years when he finally decided he didn't want me anymore. I was "too simple" for him to show off to his "popular" friends. He didn't give me any explanations, just left. It had nearly been six months since he left and I was still finding it hard to cope with it. We were one of the most simplest couple around, never been fans of too much of mainstream. I didn't even realise when we started to drift apart. And from being so much alike, we turned into complete opposite personalities. Maybe I had seen it coming..I just didn't want to come.

"Hey! I think I got you the perfect outfit!" Al squeaked, picking out an outfit. It was a pattern stripes spaghetti strap top with cream coloured skinny jeans, perfect for tonight.

I smiled at her choice and picked the matching jewellery and shoes.

"You should relax tonight girl. Get a bit light headed. But don't drink too much!" She warned me like an older sister again.

I chuckled,"I won't Mommy!"

~~~

"Al, are you sure about this? I look like a total outsider." I asked her as we entered her house. Mr and Mrs. Hayes had allowed us to use their house as the lounge was pretty big and they knew they could trust us, especially my parents. They were in one of the rooms with my parents. They knew we did not invite anyone who would create a fuss.

"Ar.. Relax! Just breath in and out and in and out.." She breathed in and out and being the total idiot I am, I started to breath heavily, in and out.

"What are doing? Are you having a seizure attack or something?" She starred at me wide eyed.

"No. Silly!" I stopped.