Chapter 8: Fruits

Leo was upstairs with Wyatt and a sleeping baby Chris in his arms in Billie's room. Wyatt was helping feed Aunt Billie by putting small fruits and slices of various vegetables in her mouth. Billie was grateful that she didn't have to see the sisters yet. She was however a little disappointed that she didn't wake up to Prue's face watching over her. Leo was watching over the whole process while Wyatt eagerly put piece after piece of food in Billie's mouth oblivious to the young woman's guilt as he did so.

"Not so fast Wyatt, make sure Billie swallows first before you give her food again." Wyatt nodded but looked shyly at Billie worried that he may have done something wrong.

Billie smiled at him to reassure him that he was doing a very good job at helping take care of her. She was only strong enough to be propped up on her pillows but unfortunately not strong enough to hold a spoon yet.

Leo motioned for Billie to wait a little bit and went out to put Chris in his crib. Wyatt was looking intently at his patient and after she swallowed, he put another piece of yellow fruit in her mouth. As he did so, Billie's tears flowed freely not knowing how to apologize to Wyatt for what she did to him. She put him in danger and she was too jaded to see it. Wyatt trusted her this much and still she used him to get the Hollow. Wyatt saw this and hugged her. Billie didn't want to scare Wyatt if she sobbed but even though she tried suppressing it, a little escaped her. Hugging him, she wanted so much to apologize but how do you apologize to a five-year old kid? Wyatt didn't know what he was doing of course but he wanted so much to make whatever was hurting Billie to be gone. His tiny hands began to glow and unknowingly healed her of her malnutrition. Sensing that she was better off, he stopped hugging her and wiped the tears from her face. Billie felt relieved and grateful. Very grateful for Wyatt and his forgiveness. Of course he didn't know any of that yet but she knew that something great just happened.

"You know, the only other person he was able to heal was Piper." Leo smiled after watching what had transpired.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to..."

"No, I know. I just meant that you must mean a lot to him if he was able to heal you like that." Leo responded.

"Is that true buddy? You love me?" Billie asked Wyatt and in response he hugged her again. "I love you too buddy." She kissed his neck which was the closest to her mouth and breathed in his baby powder scent. He released his hold on Billie and sat back down staring intently at the plate in front of him trying to decide what to feed Billie next.

"Do they still hate me?" Since Prue relieved her of the burden of losing her sister, she was able to focus on another source of grief that even in her rational, less emotional self was still a burden.

"They never hated you." Billie looked at Leo disbelieving him.

"Okay, maybe Piper did but only when Phoebe and Paige were dead. After everything that's happened though, I know that she isn't mad at you."

"I can't believe I was that blind."

"Billie, it wasn't your fault. You lost Christie, in wanting to have her back so much, you just lost track of who you were. The whole thing was complicated and you acted according to what your heart told you."

"But I killed them at one point, and I even endangered Wyatt here." At this, she kissed the top of his head earning another smile from the toddler.

"Even I wasn't thrilled about that but Billie, after everything, you need to forgive yourself. Powerful or not, we still make our own choices. Your choices may have brought you to the dark side but in the end, you chose to do what was right even if it meant losing the one person that mattered most to you. Never ever doubt that you are good and your ability to spread that goodness to others."