Chapter 10: Unofficial First Date

Billie was on one side of the room pretending to read a magazine in a plush sofa chair. She was in fact secretly watching Prue command a room full of magical creatures, majority of which were witches and Whitelighters, effortlessly. It was one of the agendas for today: to speak to potential teachers. Considering the place was once a demon lair, to have about 20 or so show up was already a success.

"The whole place has been cleansed and there is no immediate threat to you or to the students. You will be provided with your own office and for those who choose to live here, you will be provided with living quarters. Any teaching material you need, the school will be able to provide. I will hold the position of Headmistress until someone more qualified can take my place."

"Who else can be more qualified than a former Charmed One, an Elder-nominee and a very powerful witch such as yourself?" A potential candidate spoke up. Billie found the owner of the voice and it came from a blonde water-nymph who looked no more than a year or two years ahead of her but could very well be a century-old. She was obviously taken by Prue, not being able to take her eyes off of her and there was a certain flirty smile that Billie wanted to wipe off from her face; with a steel brush, no less. For reasons unknown to her, she did not find this behavior odd.

Prue blushed, "Well, thank you but I still am first and foremost the current Charmed Ones' Whitelighter, not to mention my nephews'. The Headmistress or Headmaster needs to give you their full attention to help you achieve your goals as educators. Add to that, I may also be teaching some classes should we lack the number of needed staff."

"How closely are we able to work with you, for uhm, guidance?" This time an Italian-looking Whitelighter asked the question. Billie may not have empathy nor telepathy but she knew that the guy was definitely checking Prue out.

"I'll guide you to an oven and stuff you there pizza boy." Billie muttered under her breath. She was controlling herself as she could easily make that happen with her powers.

"I will be here as long as you need me and if your needs are not more urgent than my charges' needs. Thank you very much for coming and I would appreciate it if you could help out spreading the news that the Magic School is reopening and we could always use more educators. You will be sent further details and updates as soon as we have them." Prue had dismissed her meeting on the account that while watching Billie flip the pages of her magazine, she knew that there was something wrong.

"I don't know what that magazine ever did to you to receive such a harsh treatment. Any stronger and you'll rip off its pages." Prue said as she approached Billie. Billie looked up and smiled. Prue had a calming effect on her, not to mention the smile that won't leave her face when she's near, especially when she was looking directly at her.

"I was just bored. Looks like you're done with the meeting. How'd it go?"

"As well as can be expected. They can't help but be cautious and some are still terrified." Prue sighed. It would be much easier if the potential teacher would just take her word for it.

"Who are they kidding? If the most powerful witch in the universe told them that it was safe, I don't know what else can convince them." Billie said to which Prue had to control herself not to blush.

"I think the credit goes to my adorable nephew and to you as well, for the cleansing. I mean, you two did wonderful." Prue's eyes held so much pride for Billie that it was difficult looking back at her.

"Where are the little tykes?" Billie asked noticing the lack of giggles, baby babbles and unintelligible conversations from the two boys.

"Piper missed them so she borrowed them for the day."