Chapter 15

It had been half a moon since Rainkit had been born. The six cats had begun to travel through a moss covered forest. To Stormfire it was beautiful. But it reminded her how much she wanted to go home. 

The forest was filled with prey and all of them had grown plump and their fur sleek. Rainkit looked at everything with wonder.

Stormfire yawned laying on the ground and grooming her fur.

"I'm going hunting!" Hazelberry decided heading into the forest. Fallowflower hissed and followed.

Rainkit fell asleep. Stormfire purred wrapping her tail around her sleeping kit. Mousewing sat beside her.

"I can't wait for Rainkit to see home," Mousewing purred. "It'll be strange for her at first but she'll have us to look after her,"

Stormfire nodded in agreement.

"Stormfire I'm sorry," Mousewing meowed suddenly.

"About what?" Stormfire asked puzzled.

"About the way my Mother and sister treated you," Mousewing answered.

Before Stormfire could respond he dozed off. And before long so did Stormfire.

When Stormfire woke a squirrel lay beside her. Gently Stormfire woke Rainkit.

"Is something wrong?" Rainkit asked fearfully.

"Nothing's wrong," Stormfire answered. "I just think it's time for you to taste your first prey,"

Rainkit's eyes widened with joy. Stormfire tore a small soft piece off the squirrel an placed it in front of Rainkit. Rainkit bit into it.

"It's delicious!" Rainkit cried. "Can I have more? I want prey all the time!"

Stormfire's whiskers twitched as she tore of another piece and watched her daughter eat it happily.

"Have I missed something?" Mousewing asked appearing from behind a tree.

Rainkit puffed out her chest. "I ate my first squirrel! I'm going to eat fresh-kill all the time!"

Mousewing looked amused. The other three returned from their hunts. They all ate and set off again through the forest.