Part 50

Gracie's POV

My smile fades away when I see that I was the only one smiling. Well, Wendy's husband too.

Lay wasn't smiling, though. He look pissed actually.

His jawline was sharp, his lips were still and his eyes stayed on Weney.

It wasn't a happy greeting like I imagined it. It was actually really...awkward.

"L-Lay," I pinch the edge of his shirt. "May I speak with you...in private?"

Lay nods, his eyes never leaving Wendy.

"Lay." My voice darkens as I call Lay again. "Come."

Lay lets out a half sigh and follows me into the bedroom.

As soon as I shut the door, Lay throws his hands up.

"What is this?" Lay whisper yells.

I turn to him with a serious face.

"Lay, tell me what's wrong?" I slowly walk forward.

"How could you invite her? Out of all people! You met her!" Lay snaps, causing me to flinch.

"What? What do you mean?" I whisper, trying to sound angry.

Lay brings his hands to his head. "It's not an easy topic."

"Zhang Yixing, tell me." I sit him down on the bed.

"Gracie, it's a very sensitive-"

"I am your wife, Yixing!" I shout. "If that isn't enough for you to trust me then-"

Lay cuts me off with a slow kiss on the lips.

Which I am thankful for, because I didn't know what I was going to say after that...

"It was 6 years ago." Lay takes a deep breath.

My eyes widen. That long...

"I went to Korea to visit Baekhyun, Chanyeol, and Sehun. We were out having lunch. We were eating and having a great time, until these group of girls walked into the shop. Of course, as guys, we turned our heads and looked at them. One of them caught my eye."

"Wendy..." I listen carefully.

"After lunch, she approached me and handed me her number." His voice cracks.

"Long story short, we got into a relationship and it was serious. Really serious, we were dating for 6 months. Yup, I extended my stay just for her. Tao left, he wasnt there to give me advice."

"What about Baekhyun or Chanyeol?" I ask.

He sighs. "They were busy with their own studies."

I nod.

"I sacrificed so much for her. She forced me to master Korean, which wasn't the worst thing actually. I missed my chance to pursue my dream to become a singer."

I tilt my head.

Lay stops and takes another deep breath.

"I was given a card for SM, I forgot the info but it was something I was so pumped for. I showed it to her and she told me that I couldn't do it because she wouldn't see me as much and she'll miss me a lot of course I argued, but she said she'll leave me if I did. So, I didn't audition."

My face softens and hold his hand tightly.

"I gave up that. I also missed my dad's birthday, Tao's birthday, Luhan's birthday. I gave up so much for her."

Lay bursts into quiet tears.

"It's been a year now and she told me she wanted to break up. She said I wasn't being a good boyfriend and she would rather date a frog. All I did was give her a small teddy bear and she called me cheap." His eyes start tearing up. "She accused me of cheating more than 5 times. Even though, she cheated on me twice in our relationship."

"Why didn't you tell her about it?"

"She would always tell me off and say that I'm just jealous and crazy."

Anger builds up in me, but I ignore it.

"She broke up with me and tried to get with Baekhyun, but he refused. I just can't believe I did so much for her."

I gasp slightly. My heart aches for him as I watch him sob. My angel...

"Shh," I wrap my arms around him. "It's ok, it's ok, don't worry, angel, I'll handle this."

I plant a kiss on his forehead before leaving him.

I close the door behind me slowly.

My mind races with thoughts about what Wendy did to Lay. I was mad. I was so angry about how Wendy treated Lay even though I wasn't even with him at the time.

Another thing that bothered me was the fact that Lay still gets emotional over this. Why is he still gloomy over this? Am I jealous?

Of course not.

But why did Lay stay with her all this time....

I rejoin Wendy and her husband in the small living room.

"I-I apologize for that." I start. "He's going through something...personal."

Wendy looks at me with sympathetic eyes.

"I understand. Should we leave now?" Wendy says.

"Wait, you need to introduce us! I don't even know your husband's name." I hold out my hands.

Her husband stands up and shakes my hand and bows.

"Sorry, my name is Mark. Mark Tuan." His Chinese was a bit broken.

"Oh," Wendy stands up. "My husband is Korean. He doesn't know much Chinese."

"I see. Nice to meet you." I say in Korean and bow to him.

"We'll be going now-"

"No."

The voice frightens me and also Wendy.

"Lay-"

Lay cuts me off by pulling me into his chest and kissing my head.

"Oh..."

"Let's hang out! The food's ready and it's not gonna eat itself." Lay smiles.

Wendy laughs, but it was obviously a forced one.