Maid to the Master. Ch. 1 pt. 2

Chapter 1 part 2

Mia sat in a chair reading a book. Great Expectations by Charles Dickens, which was the book she was reading. She had been jilted before and in a way she understood this book more than anyone else could except for the author, of course.

So this is where the audition is taking place, Mia thought to herself looking around the blue walled room. The chairs were evenly spaced out and floor was carpet. The room reeked of professionalism.  

Some of the actresses and actors had already begun to show up. Some actresses were fixing their make-up and some actors were reviewing their lines; Mia decided to check her lines as well.

She grabbed the script out of her purse and reread her lines. The movie was a romance, and the male lead is a Master who owns a huge mansion and is a billionaire and the female lead is a maid in love with her Master. But the Master’s wife is evil and notices the maid’s love. The wife then does everything to stop the maid from loving her husband. But does the wife know if the Master might love the maid back?

Well, Mia was auditioning for the part of the maid since that’s what her aunt said she would be best for.

Oh Auntie what were you thinking? Mia lost her train of thought when the door that you use to enter the audition room abruptly opened. 

The man who opened the door who opened the door was short and wore a black suit.  The man was so short that Mia could easily see the person behind him.

She was tall and beautiful. Long sleek blonde hair, her eyes were hidden behind sun-glasses. There was no doubt she was a fashionista. A person who didn’t even know what a fashionista is would say she was one.

The room became quiet when she walked in. All eyes were on her and some girls were whispering to each other while watching her.

The woman walked up to the front desk and the secretary looked a bit nervous, and Mia knew why. The minute this woman stepped in the room the room became quiet because they were afraid.

“May I have my number please,” The woman stated and in a rude tone. The secretary handed her the number twenty-five.

This woman had this strange scent to her. Not a bad scent but not a good one, like if you were to see a colony of monkeys you would know who the alpha male was.

That’s what this woman was. The alpha… female.

                                                …………………………………………………………….

A wave of uneasiness came over Mia. She held her breath and counted to ten then released it.

It was eight o’clock. Auditions would start soon.

She must be auditioning for the wife part, right? Yeah, that’s right, there is no WAY she would go for the maid part. She is too fierce, too in- your- face. Mia was scared of that beautiful woman stealing her part. But as they always say don’t trust a book by it’s cover.

This uneasiness made Mia check on her headband. It, thankfully, covered the bump without a problem and Mia made it fit with her outfit.

Soon a man with headphones around his neck came in through the other door marked: ‘Audition Room’.

“All the actresses who are auditioning for the part of the maid please make your way into the Audition Room.” The headphone man gestured towards the door.

Mia stood up, grabbed her bag and joined in the line of girls who were walking towards the Audition Room. She looked back and suddenly wished she hadn’t. The beautiful woman got up and jumped in line too.