All the bright places

The thing I realize is, that it's not what you take, it's what you leave.
― All the Bright Places

**

You are all the colours in one, at full brightness.

― All the Bright Places

**

The great thing about this life of ours is that you can be someone different to everybody.

― All the Bright Places

**

It's my experience that people are a lot more sympathetic if they can see you hurting, and for the millionth time in my life I wish for measles or smallpox or some other easily understood disease just to make it easier on me and also on them.

― All the Bright Places

**

The problem with people is they forget that most of the time it's the small things that count.

― All the Bright Places

**

We do not remember days, we remember moments.

― All the Bright Places

**

You have been in every way all that anyone could be.... If anybody could have saved me it would have been you.

― All the Bright Places

**

Sometimes there's beauty in the tough words-it's all in how you read them.

― All the Bright Places

**

I know life well enough to know you can't count on things staying around or standing still, no matter how much you want them to. You can't stop people from dying. You can't stop them from going away. You can't stop yourself from going away either. I know myself well enough to know that no one else can keep you awake or keep you from sleeping.

― All the Bright Places

**

What if life could be this way? Only the happy parts, none of the terrible, not even the mildly unpleasant. What if we could just cut out the bad and keep the good? This is what I want to do with Violet - give her only the good, keep away the bad, so that good is all we ever have around us.

― All the Bright Places

**

I do my best thinking at night when everyone else is sleeping. No interruptions. No noise. I like the feeling of being awake when no one else is

― All the Bright Places