The Great Gatsby

"The loneliest moment in someone's life is when they are watching their whole world fall apart, and all they can do is stare blankly." 

- The Great Gatsby 

**

  "I hope she'll be a fool -- that's the best thing a girl can be in this world, a beautiful little fool." 

- The Great Gatsby  

**

  "The loneliest moment in someone's life is when they are watching their whole world fall apart, and all they can do is stare blankly." 

- The Great Gatsby 

**

  "Angry, and half in love with her, and tremendously sorry, I turned away." 

- The Great Gatsby  

**

  "And I like large parties. They're so intimate. At small parties there isn't any privacy." 

- The Great Gatsby 

**

  "I wasn't actually in love, but I felt a sort of tender curiosity." 

- The Great Gatsby  

**

  "Let us learn to show our friendship for a man when he is alive and not after he is dead." 

- The Great Gatsby  

**

  "You see I usually find myself among strangers because I drift here and there trying to forget the sad things that happened to me." 

- The Great Gatsby

**

  "There are only the pursued, the pursuing, the busy and the tired." 

- The Great Gatsby 

**

  "In my younger and more vulnerable years my father gave me some advice that I've been turning over in my mind ever since.
"Whenever you feel like criticizing any one," he told me, "just remember that all the people in this world haven't had the advantages that you've had."

- The Great Gatsby  

**

  "They're a rotten crowd', I shouted across the lawn. 'You're worth the whole damn bunch put together." 

-  The Great Gatsby 

**

  "He looked at her the way all women want to be looked at by a man." 

- The Great Gatsby 

**

  "If that was true he must have felt that he had lost the old warm world, paid a high price for living too long with a single dream. He must have looked up at an unfamiliar sky through frightening leaves and shivered as he found what a grotesque thing a rose is and how raw the sunlight was upon the scarcely created grass. A new world, material without being real, where poor ghosts, breathing dreams like air, drifted fortuitously about...like that ashen, fantastic figure gliding toward him through the amorphous trees."   

- The Great Gatsby

**

  "Life is much more successfully looked at from a single window." 

- The Great Gatsby 

**

A/N: Hey readers, its been 3 months since I have last updated and I'm so sorry, I really have no excuse, I just haven't, hopefully I'll update more frequently now !!