Prologue

Kate's POV
I put the last photograph in my case as I pack up the office. I can't believe Lucien won. Only five The Next Step dancers made the Internationals team; Riley, Eldon, West, Noah and Chloe. Seven of the twelve dancers on this team are from Elite; Nick, Max, Cierra, Shantel, Michelle, Tess and Daniel. We lost Amanda, Giselle, Thalia, Richelle, James and Hunter. I doubt that Riley and James will be allowed to see each other. Lucien rarely gives breaks and the short, B-troupe rehearsals cut into the A-troupe rehearsals, which are much longer than B-troupe. He's completely scrapping J-troupe. All those talented kids will have to find somewhere else.
"Kate. You need to go," a voice says behind me. It's Lucien. Of course it is.
"Look after them, OK?" I say to him. I want this place to still be fair. But he just scoffs at me.
"You're not their Mom!"
"I know but I have grown up with them. I have taught them since they were in baby ballet. I have seen them develop as dancers. I remember teaching them how to lift and pirouette and flip and that will always stay with them!" I shout.
"Baby ballet? How lame. That'll have to go," he laughs.
"You are ruining the future of the studio! You must see that!" I shout. Anger boils inside of me. Lucien just smiles.
"Time to go," he says, moving out of the doorway. I pick up the boxes and bags and leave. That is the last time I will wall out of this studio. I look behind me to see Lucien pacing around my office. I don't want to ever see the changes he will make. I feel for these kids so god damn much...