Part Thirty One

Michelle's P.O.V.

*FIVE YEARS LATER*

All thanks to my very unpredictable cousin, I got to spend my whole summer there that year. Together with the lads, Calum and I had the best first month. We never lost communication as I got back home; we always Skype and facetime each other every single day even though the times zone's been really crazy - and I am proud to say that I was one of the first ones to know of their music career later that year. Who would have thought that Mikey, the five years old at heart, would be the one to think of their name?! And, on holidays, my parents let me stay at Luke's. We did that for two years. We were happy. We were in love.

It was perfect.

It was sweet.

"How is he?" I asked, tapping my pen at the table, looking at the picture in front of me. A picture Michael took - our first picture together.

Yes, it was indeed sweet.

But it was short.

A few months after our second year, they got off from touring for the holidays. It was all set. He planned to fly over to spend time with me and my family but he never showed up. Instead, I got a call from him, breaking up with me. I don't know, maybe I was holding him back because all he said was he wanted to focus on his career - with the band. So, I let him go. I don't wanna hold him back.

And, since then, I've never talked to him. I stopped going there. Whenever the lads are nearby, they would call me up for a lunch out or invite me over to their show. But it's either Calum won't show up or walk out.

Unlike what he said, he hasn't just focused on the band, he also changed. Sometimes I wanted to talk to him but, whenever I feel like I'm close to doing it, he'd turn around and shut the door.

I still love him.

I heard Luke sighed. I hope I don't annoy him, I thought - I always ask him about Calum. "I don't know, Michelle. He changed a lot since you two, err, broke up. He always shuts himself on his room or go out. He doesn't hang out with us anymore."

"What happened?" I asked. I wanted a clear explanation - I guess I'll never have it.

"I'm sorry," Luke replied.

I closed my eyes, feeling my eyes starting to water. "I miss him."

"I know. We miss him too," Luke said. There was a pause, until he once more sighed and continued; "Alright, I'll be picking you up tomorrow, okay? Mikey can't come. He has to rest after the incident. But he's so excited to see you!"

"Where's Ashton?" I asked, wiping the tears with the back of my hand.

"Banging," he chuckled. "I'll ask him but I'm sure he'll come. So, this is for real?"

"Its a little too late but yes, for real," I smiled.

"I can't believe you're moving here, finally!" He said happily. I can picture him jumping. "You can have my room when I'm on tour. Oh, I want you to stay when I'm around. I miss cuddling with you. I love having you around. You're like my little sister but we're actually cousins. If that make sense. And you can come on tour with us, too! I'll ask my mum."

"Thanks, Luke," I said, as someone knocked on my door. Connor peeked his head, mouthing for me to come downstairs. Smiling, I nodded at him. "Connor says hi. Alright, I'll see you tomorrow, okay. I have to prepare my stuff for my flight later."

"Be safe," he replied. "Love you, Michelle!"