33

I AM SORRY I KILLED SWEET PEA! Please don't find me then kill me for that! I'm soooorrrryyy!!!!!!

-xoSAMØ
___________________________________

It had been a week after Sweet Pea's death, Frank just stayed in my room. He didn't eat, didn't sleep, just cried and stared blankly at the wall.

"Frank?" I knocked on the door opening it, holding a plate with a piece of pizza on it. "I brought you some pizza."

He didn't reply or even acknowledge I spoke.

I sighed and walked over to him, sitting next to his small, thin, pale frame. I turned him on his back. "Baby, I know you miss her. I know it hurts. It hurts me to see you like this. But you really need to eat something, please? Just a few bites?"

Frank's eyes looked at the pizza, then back up at me.

"It'll be okay." I leaned down slowly, placing a kiss on his slightly chapped lips.

I felt his bottom lip tremble then I heard him whimper.

I pulled away.

His eyes were screwed shut and tears streaked his face.

"Frankie," I sighed. He cried harder. "Okay, come here, sweetheart. I've got you."

He gripped my shirt tightly, refusing to do anything.

"Shh, it's okay, love. I'm here for you, okay?"

I picked him up and took him to the bathroom, his sobs echoing in the small room.

I wet a wash cloth with warm water and dapped his tear stained, rosy cheeks. I moved the hair his in face behind his ear.

By this time, he had finished crying and now just taking deep breaths.

I wrapped my arms around him. "You're okay, little one." I scooped him up. "Do you want to go downstairs with me?"

He shook his head.

I took a deep breath took him back to my bedroom. "Eat a few bites okay?" I kissed his forehead.

***

It's been 3 hours since I was with Frank. Seeing him this low pains me.

I heard my bedroom door open and a sniff come from the top of the stairs.

"Don't get up, Gerard. Don't you dare move right now. Let him come to you."

He appeared in the doorway. I looked at him, he'd been crying again. I patted my lap. He came over and laid in my lap. I put a blanket around him, holding him like a baby.

"She was my best friend for 9 out of those 11 lonely years. She stayed with me. And now she's gone? I- I can't believe it. I don't want to believe it." He let out the breath he'd been holding, "She protected me. But I guess this is a sign. I have you."

"We both know I'll never be Sweet Pea in any way, shape, and/or form. But I'll protect you, I'll be your best friend, I'll love you and take care of you. I promise."

To Be Continued...