Episode 81: Forest of Nightmares

"Kat..." Shiro fell to the ground. The woman in front of him smiled. Shiro looked at her again. She really was Katarina. She had red hair and wore the same outfit she did before she changed. "It's really you." The other girls decided to stay back and let Shiro enjoy his reunion.

"Shiro, I figured I would see you again" Katarina said.

"Kat, how are you here? You're dead right?" Shiro asked.

"I am. You killed me, remember?" She giggled. "I'm just a spirit now in this forest."

"This forest...can you tell me about it?" Shiro asked her.

"Here in Hell they call it the Forest of Nightmares. It's super dangerous, Shiro. I'll lead you to the exit though."

"Really!?" She nodded. "I'm glad." Shiro got up and met back up with the others along with Katarina.

"Sensei, who's she?" Kaede asked.

"That's right, you two haven't met. Kaede, she is my..." Shiro stopped for a second. He felt his eyes water. "She is my...she is my..."

"His friend, err, former friend. I'm kinda dead now" Katarina said. Shiro wiped his eyes and regained his composure.

"Yes, she is my dead former friend. Anyways, Kat, this is my gakusei, Kaede" Shiro told her.

"Yup! Another one to the harem!" Ena said joyfully.

"Shiro, are you going to be okay?" Riven asked him. Shiro nodded. She then glared at Katarina. "How dare you come back from the dead after causing Shiro so much pain!" The other girls felt a similar anger towards Katarina. Shiro glared at Riven.

"Drop it" he said. Riven felt a chill run down her spine and decided to back down.

"I am sorry for making Shiro feel that way, but let's go before the nightmare  begins" Katarina told them.

"Right" Shiro agreed. With Katarina leading the way, the group followed the path through the Forest of Nightmares.

"Katarina, you mentioned something about a nightmare earlier. What do you mean by that?" Kuroyukihime asked.

"You're a demon, so have you really not heard of the stories of this forest?" Katarina replied. Kuroyukihime took a second to think, then shook her head. "Strange."

"Can you tell us then?" Emi asked.

"You don't want to know or experience it. That's all I can tell you" she replied. They continued until they reached a blockage in the path. The trees in front of them had fallen and blocked the path. There was no way around them.

"Damn, what do we do?" Shiro asked.

"Crap, this is really bad. You have to use your light sword to cut through the tress" Katarina told him.

"Why the light sword? Wouldn't fire make more..."

"Just do it!" Shiro frantically wielded his light sword and quickly slashed through the trees. They disintegrated from the blow.

"We did it..." Shiro began to feel drowsy soon after. So did everyone else. They all passed out, except for Katarina.

"The nightmare...has begun" she said.

*NIGHTMARE*

When Shiro awoke, he was lying on the floor in the school in Aurora. He got up and rubbed his head.

"Ugh, where am I?" he wondered as he looked around. He was in the middle of a hallway. "Wait, I'm back at school?" He then saw Liliana enter the hallway.