Chapter 2

"You don't learn, do you?" Ward asked the rhetorical question, tying me back to the chair "even after all you've been trough. You haven't learned to give up. You haven't learned to give in".

"What have I been through?" I mumbled. I still didn't remember anything.

"I know you contacted someone. When they come for you, I'll kill them. Maybe that will make you learn" Ward put a gag in my mouth, stuck a syringe in my neck, and left. I soon grew loopy and passed out again.

(Third Person P.O.V.)

"Hey, Clint, you might want to get back to the tower. Like now" Tony said into his phone. He didn't sound very happy.

"Why?" the other man responded.

"Clint, we got a distress call from Will. Would you care to explain anything?" the archer could already picture the room full of angry heroes. Clint hung up and panicked a little. Logan couldn't track Will, so he was just wandering the streets, trying to take his mind off of the current situation. As soon as he got the call, he rushed back to the tower.

Steve met him in the lobby, and when they got to the lab, he explained everything. "Why wouldn't she want us to know where she was?" Nat asked.

"She didn't want you guys to worry. She wanted to handle it herself. Now where is she?" Clint replied.

"Upstate New York" Tony answered.

"Then we need to go get her. God knows what they could've done to her" snapped Clint. He had blamed himself for letting Will go.

"We need a plan fir-" Nat started.

"No we just go on there and get Will out. Simple as that" Clint yelled over her.

"Clint, stop blaming yourself for Will's actions".

"I can't. I was the one that took her to Central Park. I was the one that covered for her. I couldn't talk her out of it".

"Clint, none of us would have been able to talk her out of it. She's too much like me for her own good" Steve sighed. The others nodded.

"Fine. We'll make a plan, but what if she doesn't remember us. What if she thinks that we're the bad guys".

"Then we hit her head to knock some sense into her" Tony shrugged. The others just glared at him.

"What? It worked with Clint".

"But that was mind control not brainwashing" Clint stated.

"We need a plan, so where do we start?" the Captain brought everyone's attention back to their current situation.

After the Avengers had formed part of a plan, they walked to the jet and headed to the coordinates of the Hydra base. Nat, Clint, and Steve snuck into the building. They split up to look for Will.

Clint ran into three guards standing in front of a door he ducked around a corner to not be seen. He called the others for backup. They were there in a few minutes. "Three guards. I bet that Will's behind that door" he whispered. The trio burst into action.

Steve busted the lock and kicked the door in. There in the middle of the room sat Will, unconscious and strapped to a chair. She was in the same clothes that Clint had left her in a week and a half earlier.

Nat started to untie her while Clint urged the girl to wake up, "Will. Will get up. Please get up".

"She's not going to get up you know" Ward snuck up behind them.

"What the hell did you do to her?" demanded the archer.

"I took back Hydra's property" he responded.