Flying and Fights

I reached the area that we used for broom practice with Malena. Malena and I got broom and stood next to each other. The teacher gave us directions and everyone in the class was trying to get the broom into their hands.

"Up" I said and the broom didn't go into my hand

I noticed that Angel, Draco, and Harry were able to get it up with one go. I tried a few more times before the broom went into my hands. I noticed that Malena was really struggling almost as much as Hermione was. Just adding more to my suspicion that she isn't a pure blood.

I noticed Malena look up and I followed her gaze to see Angel glare at her. Ugh why can't they just get along or at least tolerate each other.

It took a little bit, but eventually everyone had their brooms in their hands.

The teacher gave more instructions, "Now, once you've gotten a hold of your broom, I want you to mount it. And grip it tight, you don't want to be sliding off the end of it."

Once all of us did she continued, "When I blow my whistle, I want each of you to kick  off from the ground hard. Keep your broom steady, hover for a moment, lean forward slightly, and touch back down. On my whistle, three, two."

She blew her whistle and not even a second later Neville, I believe, was in the air.

She told him to come back down but he didn't. He then started to fly in a random direction.

"Oh no!" Angel shouted.

"What?" Malena asked, still annoyed.

"Ok first off, you can drop the fucking attitude, and second Longbottom is in real danger right now."

"A rogue broom..." I said quietly.

Angel nodded her head and looked back up.

He was hitting walls and  he eventually ended up getting caught on a statue on the roof of the school. He then started falling, got caught on something else, and hit the ground. There was a crowd around him, and the teacher pushed her way through. She started to take Neville to the Hospital Wing, but before she did, she told us to stay grounded. If you don't, you'll be expelled. Draco pulled Angel to where Neville had fallen. He bent down and pick something up. It was the Remembrall Neville got in the morning mail today. Draco chuckled and put his arm around Angel's shoulders again.

"Did you see his face?" Draco laughed, "Maybe if the fat lump had given this a squeeze, he would've remembered to fall on his fat ass."

I saw Angel smirk and laugh along with Draco. Okay she can be a real jerk sometimes.

Harry stepped out of the crowd towards them and said, "Give it here Malfoy."

Angel glared at him.

Draco glared at him as well, "No, I think I'll leave it somewhere for Longbottom to find."

He pulled Angel closer to him. I noticed the blush in her face as Draco grabbed his broom and took off. He pulled Angel to sit in front of him.

"How about on the roof?"

I heard as he went higher. Okay this is just getting out of hand

"What's the matter Potter? A bit beyond your reach?"

Harry got onto the broom and went into the air. If they get caught I'm only going to help Angel.

"Give it here Malfoy, or I'll knock you off your broom!" Harry shouted at them.

"Is that so?" Draco responded.

Harry charged at them. In order to save themselves from getting hit, Draco had to spin in a circle. Angel did not look okay up there.

"Have it your way then." Draco said turning to Harry

Draco threw the Remembrall before coming down and Harry raced after it.

Angel collapsed to ground and began crying hysterically.

Draco hugged her and rocked her back and forth.

When we reached them Angel from the looks of it stopped crying.

"It's fine Draco. It wasn't your fault."

I heard him growl, "If that damn Potter hadn't charged us-"

"Well if you hadn't stolen Neville's Remembrall, then he wouldn't have had to charge you," Malena said, anger and annoyance very much evident in her voice.

Draco abruptly stood up and got face to face with Malena.

Malena's eyes widened as she took a step back.

It was obvious that Draco had a few inches on her.

He roughly grabbed her wrist, preventing her from leaving.

"I want you to listen very closely because I'm only going to say this once. I would never do anything to hurt Angel. You are getting on my last nerve, this is the second time you've tried to hurt her. If you do anything, and I mean anything, to hurt her again, I will make sure you feel 10 times as much pain as you caused her. Am I clear," Draco told her calmly, way too calmly.

"Y-you're a l-lord, a gentleman. You c-can't hit a l-lady," Malena quickly tried protecting herself.

"Luckily for me, you're no lady. Besides, a gentleman must also protect a lady."

Malena didn't say anything. She nodded her head, shaking horribly.

Draco let go of her wrist, and she pulled it towards her and backed away.

Draco glared at her one last time before turning back to Angel and helping her to her feet.

Okay Malena kinda deserved that one.

I turned to Malena after they walked away.

"Malena, you don't have to be such a jerk to Angel. I get that you guys got off on the wrong foot but you should at least try to be nicer, I mean she at least apologized to you. At least try to be nice instead of making it worse."

Malena opened her mouth to say something but I interrupted her "Also don't forget that earlier she did help you during potion. She is trying to be nice but you aren't letting her. Just try that all I'm asking." After that I decided to head for lunch needing more energy to deal with anymore arguing between those two today.