Halloween Special!

only this chapter will be written in past tense

(Sakura's POV)

I couldn't get over how every student in the school seemed to be buzzing with excitement. Even Sayuri seemed to be excited about something.

When I asked Haruhi about it, I had to pass on asking Sayuri because she was mumbling something about ghosts, she told me it was Halloween.

Time had flown so fast that I hadn't even realised the event had come up.

The thought of Halloween excited me because it would be my first year spending it with Sayuri again. We used to dress up as twin ghosts when we were kids and go up and down the streets trick or treating. Then that night, while we were sleeping, a lolly monster would come and eat over half of our sweets. Looking back on it, I'm guessing it was probably our mother.

I giggled at the memory of her frantically telling us that story when we found her by our half empty tubs of sweets. Sayuri was always the most disappointed.

My mind snapped back to reality when two arms linked with mine. Hikaru was on my left and Kaoru was on my right.

"Time to try on some costumes!" They sung then dragged me off music room three. I didn't bother protesting, it never did me any good the other times they dragged me away to some place.

They opened the double doors and I was grateful to not have rose petals blown into my face for once. The host club wasn't open for business yet, so the room was mostly empty expect for the club members.

The twins dragged me past Haruhi, Tamaki-senpai, Kyoya-senpai, Honey-senpai and Mori-senpai on the way to the changing rooms. Haruhi gave me a sympathetic look and I smiled weakly. I was slowly becoming used to being dragged around.

The practically threw me into the changing rooms where Sayuri was having a full blown argument with twin maids. Surrounding them was a multitude of costumes.

I saw vampires, witches, all of the classical stuff, but then there were also kitty costumes, maid costumes and other things that were probably all the twins ideas.

"I said I won't wear anything other than a ghost costume! Give me two white sheets and I'll be happy." Sayuri growled at the maids and crossed her arms. Her words made me smile. She was probably fighting over it so much because of our old, mini tradition.

"But today is Halloween and you don't have a costume yet. Besides," the maids said.

"But ghosts are so plain and boring." Hikaru and Kaoru finished in unison, slight distaste in their voices.

Sayuri turned to face the twins and we both frowned. "It's tradition." We both said in unison. It was then that she seemed to have noticed me for the first time.

"Sakura? Did they drag you down here too?" Sayuri hugged me as though I had just gone through a traumatic experience.

"Yeah, but it's fine. Can you tell me what's going on?" I asked, although I had a good idea of what was happening.

"The stupid Hitachiin brothers have gotten their maids to try to dress us up in these stupid costumes." Sayuri glared at the costumes. She was probably hoping they'd spontaneously combust.

I turned to the twins who both had their arms crossed, both wearing the same expression of confusion.

"It's a tradition we had as children before we were separated. We would both dress up as ghosts and go up and down the streets collecting sweets." Sayuri's mouth seemed to water as I told the twins. Seriously, it was like a water fall.