Chapter 17

Monae

    I don't know where I was going but I was driving fast and far. Chris looks tired and scared. The two worst combinations ever, trust me I know. Chris hasn't said anything ever since we left the house, did he go into shock?

     "Hey" I started. I side glanced at Chris and he just stared out the window. I just sighed. Then I started to go into deep thought. What just happened is really unusual and confusing. I never heard anyone trying to poison a celebrity or whatever that girl was trying to do. That's very scary, but I've seen worse. I wonder what happened to the last bodyguard? Why am I really protecting Chris?

"Do you even know where you're going?" Chris asked snapping me out of my thoughts.

"No.." I started "what happened back there? Like that's very unusual for that to happen to a celebrity"

"So you don't know what happened before you became my bodyguard?" He asked. I shook my head no and parked the car into a motel parking lot. I took the key out the engine and waited for him to tell me.

He sighed and leaned back into the seat." Tyga and I got involved with the most dangerous drug dealer in Cali. We took so many drugs from him and we stashed it. One day last month I was coming from my show and Tyga came up to me yelling about how the drug dealer was coming for us, and he brought his people and shot up the concert and killed m-my bodyguard" he broke down crying in his lap. I don't know why put I rubbed his back and told him everything was gonna be ok.

"Now I'm in danger! He's gonna kill me over something so little." He cried out. I bit my lip and shook my head. What he did was really stupid and not so little.

"Let's go inside" I said opening the car door. I actually felt sad for the dude, At the same time what he did was stupid. Even if you're famous don't go messing around drug dealers, now they won't have any pity for you out all.

"So basically I'm protecting you from the Drug dealer, and that's it." I said walking into a random motel room. He walked in after me and closed the door. He sat on the bed and rubbed his eyes. I stood at the door waiting for him to answer.

"Basically" he said. I nodded my head

"But why me?" I asked sitting on the counter. He yawned and started to take his shirt off. I closed my eyes and put my hands over them.

      "Can we talk about this tomorrow? I'm so tired." He laid back. I nodded my head and stared at the now sleeping Chris. So if I protect Chris from this drug dealer and everything goes back to normal, does that mean I go back to jail?

     The next morning I woke up in a corner with drool coming down my lip. My eyes were low and my back was aching. I wiped my mouth and got up to crack my back. I looked at the nearest clock to see that it's 1 in the afternoon. That's the latest I ever slept. I looked at the bed to still see Chris sleeping. I walked into the bathroom to wash my face and rinse my mouth out. I walked back out and seen Chris was gone. My heart raced as I ran outside and saw the car parked outside. Where could he be? I walked back inside with my heart beating faster than a normal heart should beat.

     I searched for Chris's phone to actually contact his manager or someone. When I found his phone I searched for his managers name and when I was about to call the door swung open. I looked back and seen Chris with a Taco Bell bag. I closed my eyes and sighed

   "What?" Chris asked sitting on the bed.

"Why would you leave without letting me know you were going somewhere?" I said approaching him.

"The drug dealer person could've came and took you and killed you and I wouldn't even know and I would've been blamed for this!" I said all in one breathe. He stared at me without saying one word. A "I'm sorry" would be nice right now. I threw his phone at him and walked out the room. I need some air.