19

I kept my eyes on her as we kept driving, almost reaching our destination. Ever since that incident happened she hasn't said one word to me about it, and I want her to ask me about it for some reason.

"SOOO....." I said tapping my finger on my lap. She kept her eyes on the road and her hands stern on the wheel. "Monae.... Is it? Mmm.." I said clearing my throat. "Umm how are.. You?" She still didn't say anything making the silence in the car awkward. She squinted her eyes and said "we're here" and pulled up to some abandon gym.

"This is where we were headed this whole time?" I asked unpleased to where we are.

"Yes" she said getting out the car. I followed her actions and sized the building. It's huge but dirty and looks like they got rats and snakes running around here.

"Let's go" she said walking towards I'm guessing the entrance. I shook my head and grabbed her arm. She stopped and snatched her arm from me and gave me a death glare.

"Don't. Touch. Me." She said with clenched teeth. I immediately let go of her cause Lord knows what she could've done to me. She stared at me for a minute and turned back towards the entrance. I let go of a breath I didn't know I was holding and briefly closed my eyes. She knocked on the door three times then did a mockingbird whistle. We stood there for a good second then we heard the sound of locks unlocking and the huge door open slowly.

".... Nae?"

"In the flesh" Monae said softly.

"NAE!!" then came out an older but not too old man picking up Monae and spinning her around.

"I thought you was locked up eh?" The man said with a Italian accent. Monae sighed "Long story papí". He let out a hearty laugh.

"I got all the time in the world when it comes to you. Ya know me and the others could've got you out like that." He said snapping his fingers.

"I know, I know, I just wasn't feeling the outside world anymore. I just thought me staying there would've been better for me even though the food or the cell wasn't really great" she said putting her hands on her hips.

"Ahh sì,  I understand la mia ragazza (my girl)" the old man said patting Monae on the back. "Well I'm glad you came back, and I'm pretty sure everyone else will be equally excited as I am to see you again" he said with a grin while Monae lightly grinned back at him. From this interaction I can tell that this old man means so much to Monae and vice versa. I can see how her ey-

"Who is this sconosciuto (stranger)" the man said looking at me with curiosity and disgust. I nervously chuckled and scratched behind my head not knowing what to say.

"Victor this man right here is ughh my job" Monae spoke up seriously

"che cosa? (What?)" he said with a confused expression. Monae sighed and briefly closed her eyes.

"I was hired to protect him, keep him out of harms way, be his bodyguard" Monae said slightly rolling her eyes.

"Monae!! sei pazzo?! Si sta mettendo in pericolo facendo il tuo cosiddetto "lavoro" tutto ciò che può succedere a te la mia piccola neonata. No non posso permetterlo Questo è troppo pericoloso e non posso, non posso. (are you crazy?! you're putting yourself in harm's way by doing your so called "job" anything can happen to you my little baby girl. no i cannot allow this this is too dangerous and i cannot, i just can't).

Monae

"If it makes you feel better I-I didn't want her as a boddyguarrdd.." Chris finished dragging out bodyguard as me and Victor gave him glares. He glanced the other way and stared at the sky.