starry eyed

Luke grabbed his key from underneath the welcome mat. "We cleaned the entire house yesterday, so appreciate it. It will never look this good again."

Michael jumped onto the sofa. Throw pillows flew everywhere. "C'mon, let's cuddle."

"Aww Mikey, you're too cute." Luke said, curling up next to him.

Calum was hardly paying attention to the two. He hadn't kept his eyes off of Ashton since the dance. He was twirling a finger slowly through the bright-eyed boy's soft curls.

"Look at them, Luke. Can you handle it?"

"I can't. I just can't. They're too much. Guys? Guys are you even here with us right now?"

"Hm?" Ashton looked up. "Oh, right, the house looks nice, Luke."

Luke laughed. "You're so enamored. Well, I'm glad you're both happy. Can we get out of these stuffy dress clothes now, though?"

The boys searched through their respective overnight bags, grabbing more comfortable tee shirts and gym shorts. They began to change, carefree in the middle of the living room. Ashton made a quick excuse to run to the bathroom, where he changed in solitude. He came out, greeted by Luke. "Y'look so cute in sweatpants, Ash." He patted the boy's shoulder. "I dunno what you're talking about-"

Calum playfully stormed down the hallway.

"Hands off my boyfriend! You have your own!"

Luke put his hands up in defense. "I get it, I get it. I'll leave the newlyweds to their business."

Calum wrapped his arms around Ashton's waist. He thought about the dance, and how he must've sounded like an idiot babbling on about his feelings. Of course, he didn't regret it, because it brought him here, embracing his dear sunshine. Calum hugged him tighter than ever, nestled his face into Ashton's neck. He inhaled the scent of soft cologne, a mix of sandalwood and some sort of slightly floral scent he couldn't place.

"Cal?" Ashton whispered, backing away slightly. He grazed Calum's cheek with his palm. "You zoned again." He smiled, showing two rows of perfectly straight teeth. "Luke's been trying to get us to come sit so he can start this movie."

Luke sat exasperated on the couch with Michael. "I just want to watch Beaches." He pouted, toying with the fringe of one of the throw pillows.

"Let's watch it then, eh?" Calum said, sitting on the loveseat. Ashton sat next to him, leaning on his shoulder. He rested his subtly shaking hands between his thighs. As the movie progressed, Ashton would move closer to his new boyfriend. Calum began to notice, and gently hooked his arm around the boy to pull him in tight.

Michael paused the movie. "Can we grab a snack?" Luke agreed heartily. Calum looked at Ashton. The boy was twiddling his thumbs. "I'm on a diet, can I just grab a drink?"

"Since when have you started dieting?" Luke laughed, throwing a pillow at him.

"Shut up," he returned, laughing. "I just started yesterday. It's only for a little while, y'know, I'm trying to focus on my health."

"Oh stop that mess," Michael was scooping ice cream into a bowl. "Your health is picture perfect. In fact, you could probably eat a little more. Seems like you've lost a bit of weight." He ate a huge spoonful. 

Picture perfect health, eh? Ashton thought bitterly. If only you knew. If only you all knew. He faked a smile and went to the fridge. "What do you have to drink, Luke?"

"There's Pepsi Max, Dr. Pepper, water, fruit punch, er...milk, I think..." he trailed off. "Sorry, we didn't get many groceries this week."

Ashton looked around for a bit. He didn't want his friends to gang up on him again. It seemed they liked to pester him for his eating habits. That's all they were, of course. Habits. He decided he didn't want to worry Calum, but also wanted to stay safe- he grabbed the Pepsi Max and poured himself a glass. "Want anything, Cal?"