CHAPTER 1

Before I introduce myself I want to give you a warning this book you are a bout to read is not some sob story its not a story for nerds looking for another space adventure cause if I find out that’s why you read this book your head’s going in a trash can.

Yeah my name well it’s Zelda this book is about how my life changed over night literary over night let me set the scene as I am preparing to go to school “Zelda dear you have to be quick if you don’t want to be late” bet you’re wondering who’s talking that’s my funny yet lovable aunt Gina but Gigi for short which I don’t understand because her name is already short but that’s her problem not mine “I know let me get my board pop over at Suzy’s and we’ll be off to school together”

Suzy is my absolute best friend I love her just as much as I love myself she lives down the street from me with her mum and brother who is like one of the cutest boys in our school but I’m not one to talk about hotness but on a scale of one to ten a perfect eleven.

As I was about to dash out of the kitchen aunt Gina said “what no breakfast?” I laughed as I said “breakfast’s for early birds besides I aint eating no worms”.

My aunt isn’t really the best cook so that just encourages her to do better in her cooking and I am off to Suzy’s with a wave and a ride on my skate board I press her doorbell and her mum yells her name classic and in ten seconds flat she’s right at the door with her back pack and skate board and we r off to school.

“Suzy I am loving the new paint on your board it looks awesome” I said.

“Thanks babes you won’t believe what Josh said ‘bout you yesterday” I totally acted like I didn’t care and said “what?”

“He said he thinks your totally nice and he totally digs you and I know it’s true cause of I have twin telepathy with him”

“Do you now” I said sarcastically as he made his way beside me.

“Hey ZEE” which happens to be my nickname “How are you?”

“I’m cool so Josh a little birdie told me you liked me is this true or is your so called twin telepathy a fake?” I asked

“I guess someone has a bigger mouth than I thought well since it’s out in the open I do like you I like you so much I’m about to ask you out on a date so miss Zelda Rose will you go out with me tonight to the movies?”

Shocked as I was I kept my cool and said nothing.

“So is that a yes or a no?” he asked.

“That’s a maybe” I said with a smirk on my face but in my head I was thinking that the movies wasn’t such a bad idea but the problem was aunt Gina I simply said to him “Pick me up at six bring me back by eight and it’s a deal”

“Sure but it’s Friday can’t you stay out later?” he said

“When you come pick me up you’ll see” I replied as I looked at Suzy and laughed when we reached the school gate and standing there was none other than Ella ready to flirt with Josh and pretend to be our friends.

“Josh baby you look H-O-T hot today hey Zelda hey Suzy you guys look as rocker chic as ever” that part I agreed with her we did look like rockers black leather jeans a very colourful a layered look on top with two shirts black and pink tank tops with different proportions and a leather jacket to top it all off and don’t forget the hair multicoloured hair extensions to crown the whole look.

When we got inside the first and only thing I could say was “WITCH”

“I know she so gets on my nerves” Suzy said.

After that saying maths class was on its way and so did every subject up until lunchtime when the strangest thing happened I saw very strange looking woman with eyes like mine in the bathroom she said “Be brave my dear for the task ahead is perilous” and she disappeared weird I thought it was just the stress of school so I shook it off and went back to the lunch room.

When I got to lunch I sat in my corner with Suzy of course and her ever so funny twin brother came and sat next to me which is shocking because people are afraid of me so I don’t expect people to even talk to me.

He slipped me a paper it read “Are we still on tonight?”

I simply said, “Yes”

When I got home I raided my closet looking for what to wear I decided on black skinny jeans a pink top and a black jacket and I let my brown hair down I wondered why this was going to be weird then I remembered my skin colour and his and the weird stars on my neck they were blue and I was a dark skinned girl who wore the same necklace every day my aunt said it belonged to my mother and that she took care of me since my mum and dad died in a fire years back when I was born and she took care of me she said the stars where birthmarks I wondered if anyone else had blue stars as birthmarks but I just let it go.

“Zelda darling Josh is at the door he says you guys have a date but I told him to have you home by eight is that fine” aunt Gina says.

“Yeah it’s fine I’ll be down in a sec” as I ran down the stairs.

I said hi to Josh who was sitting on the sofa and my aunt called me and said “I don’t want my thirteen year old nice out too late have fun now dear and call if your going to be late”

“Yes auntie” I said as Josh and I raced out of the house to avoid another pep talk.

“Your aunt is really cool to let you stay out a little late,” he said

“Yeah she is what movie are we seeing?” I asked

“I was thinking 3d oh yeah baby we’re seeing transformers 3d”

“Cool!! Thanks a million so I guess we’re boarding to get there?”

“Yeah that’s part of the date race you to the bus stop” he said as he took off and I quickly followed behind surprisingly I got to the bus stop first.

When we got to the cinema the place was packed as expected the movie was just coming out today I was sure it was going to be EPIC.

“Thank you so much for bringing me Josh I had a great time” I said to him as I checked my watch.

“S**T!! I am so late let’s go home”

“I know but you’re late already what’s the difference if we hang in the park for a little bit” he said with his beautiful blue eyes on me.

All I could and did say was “YES”.

We went around the park a couple of times until we sat down and started talking.

“Are those tattoos?” he pointed at my neck.

“No their birthmarks” I said as I put my head on his chest and was fiddling with my necklace.

“Cool birthmarks they look pretty like you, I could almost kiss you right now” he said while touching my face is this really happening to me I thought his face was getting closer I could feel his warm breath on my face my mind was racing as I puckered up for a kiss.

“ZELDA!!!”