Chapter 18

~•~•~Calum's POV

I'm writing yet another letter for my girl when she wakes up, but the monitor starts beeping and the doctors rush in and kick me out.

"Come on!!! She's my girlfriend let me in!!" I shout as they slam the door on my face.

"I'm sorry sir, no one is allowed in here right now," the tall bald one explains blankly.

Before I turn to go to the waiting room, the short doctor offers me a small, apologetic smile, but I just ignore her.

"Nicolecometothehospitalithinksheiswakingup!!" I shout into the phone when Nicole picks up.

~•~•~Nicole's POV
"What? Calum, slow down I can't hear you!!" I say before telling my boss I have to take an early lunch, maybe the rest of the day off. He nods as I stand outside.

"GET YOUR ÄSS TO THE HOSPITAL I THINK SHES WAKING UP!!!!!"

"I'll be there in five!!" I say as I hang up and run as fast as I can to my car.

I decide to call luke because I know that if Calum tried to call him, he'd ignore it.

"LUKE!!!" I shout when he finally picks up.

"Shut the fück up would ya? What do you want?" He scowls.

"ELIZABETH MIGHT BE WAKING UP!!"

"Wait, seriously? I'll be right there!" He hangs up.

Hopefully he's sober today..

~•~•~•~Luke's POV

As soon as I hang up, I head to my car and start to drive to the hospital.

~•~

When I get there, I run in the building and head towards her room, but I stop when I see Calum and Nicole in the waiting room, Nicole in tears.

"Wha-what's wrong? Why are you out here? Where's Elizabeth?" I start throwing question after question at them.

"Th-they won't let us in a-and she's still in the sa-same room," Nicole sniffles.

"Fück!!" I shout, kicking a chair.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

~•~•~Nicole's POV

•••WARNING•••
May be a trigger to some people, so if you think it might be, PLEASE don't read it!! It's just some extra information that you don't necessarily need to know. I'll let you know when it's over.
•••

Calum and luke go to her room, but I stop off at the bathroom.

I double check to make sure I'm alone, which I am, and I take off my sweater and lay it on the sink. I look down and examine my scars; so faded they're barley there, ones that were made over the past two days.

I made even more while Elizabeth was in a coma, especially on her birthday and Christmas.

I let a few tears slip and I wipe them off. I put my sweater back on and fix my hair and face, and walk out of the bathroom.

•••ATTENTION•••
If you stopped reading, you can continue to read:)
•••

"Hey sugarplum," I smile when I see Elizabeth. "We've missed you a bunch."

"Nicole!!!" She runs towards me and pulls me into a hug "I'm so glad to see you!! How long was I out?"

"About two and a half months," I smile weakly.

"Oh," she looks upset.

"But you could've been in a coma even longer," I try to cheer her up. She offers a small smile.

"I love what you guys did to my room!" She exclaims turning slowly in a circle, looking over the room yet again. "And you guys didn't need to get me presents.." She trails off.

"What else where we supposed to do?" Luke speaks up.

"Yeah, I mean, it was your birthday and Christmas. It wouldn't have felt right if we didn't," Calum adds.

~•~•~Elizabeth's POV
"But I didn't need all this.." Why did they do all this? I don't deserve all this. It's like getting an award for getting hospitalized..

"Hey," Nicole's soft voice fills my ears. "It's okay, we wanted to, not because we felt bad for you, but because we felt like that's what we would've done anyway," she smiles, almost reading my thoughts and making me feel better.

"Alright," I say.

"Well.." Luke says.

"Well what?" I ask, confused.

"Open your presents!!" Calum, luke, and Nicole all shout as they laugh.

~•~•~•~
Because I started opening presents at around 8:00, I got finished about 8:15.

"Thank you guys so much!!! Now I have to go Christmas shopping!!" I realize.

"No you aren't missy!" Nicole shouts.

"Yeah, you don't need to get us anything," Calum butts in.

"All we really wanted was for you to wake up," Luke says walking towards me and gives me a hug. "I missed ya sis," he whispers.

"When do I get to leave?" I ask, pulling away from my brother.

"Tomorrow, around 3-ish," Nicole answers.

"Ugh!! I wanna leaveee!!!"

"Elizabeth, technically, you've only been in here for about five hours.. I mean, from when you've actually been awake and realized you were in here."

"I don't careeeee!!" I whine at luke. "Well I'm tired, I'm going to bed," I plop down on my hospital bed.

"Awh but we just got to see you again!" Nicole whines.

"I don't care, I'm tired. Out!" I jokingly yell, pointing to the door.

"Fine!!" Nicole shouts and is the first to leave. Gosh I love that little drama queen.

"Bye Elizabeth, see you tomorrow," Luke waves and follows his girlfriend.

"Before I go," Calum says reaching into his coat pocket,"I have these for you," then he turns and leaves. "See you tomorrow."

"Wha-" I croak out as he leaves the room, shutting my door and walking down the hall.

I sit there and stare at the door in utter surprise. After about what seems like forever at staring at the spot where Calum had just been, I get up to get a drink of water from the sink.

I look down to see what Calum put on my bedside table; letters. A bunch of them. Awh.

I read them all and I just finish the last one as I see my vision darkens and I fall into the sweet abyss mostly known as sleep.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
SHE FINALLY WOKE UP AHHHHHH!!!!!!! Wasn't Calum such a sweet boyfriend?
Anyway, THANK YOU GUYS FOR OVER 700 VIEWS!!!!!! AHHHH IM SO HAPPY!!! I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!!!

xoxo,
Bri

P.s.
If it's not too much trouble, would you mind checking out my other books?😁😁

                           •Vote•
                     •Comment•
                         •Share•