Chapter 8

*~*~*Calum's POV
Where is she? I think to myself as it starts getting later and later. Just as I unlock my phone to call her, I get a call from Nicole.

"Hello?" I ask, confused.
"Youneedtocometothehospitalelizabethgotinanaccident!" She says at the speed of light.
"Wha-Nicole! Slow down! What's wrong?!"
"You need to come to the hospital.. Elizabeth got in an accident.." Then I hang up.

I rush out to my car and drive off as fast as I can.

~*~
I reach the hospital in about ten minutes because a.) I don't live that far away(it usually takes me around 15-20 minutes to get to get to the general area) and b.) I was going way over the speed limit.

I bust through the doors and run up to the lady behind the desk. "I'm looking for Elizabeth Hemmings, sh-" the lady, who's name I'm guessing is Carolynn based off her name tag, cuts me off.

"Room 182," she offers a slight smile right before I turn and bolt towards her room.

"178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183-" I turn around and walk through the door labeled "182".

"Calum!" Nicole rushes towards me, tears and mascara dripping down her cheeks, and pulls me into a quick hug saying 'I'm so glad you made it!' while Luke gives me a death glare.

"What's going on.. is she okay?" I ask worriedly, my eyes widening at the sight of her pale body hooked up to all those wires and laying lifelessly on the bed.

"She.. She.." Nicole starts but can't go on because she's crying too much.

"She's in a coma." Luke states flatly as he looks at his twin sister, his arm around Nicole. "They don't know about how long. But she's not waking up anytime soon."

"This.. This is all my fault.." I whisper to myself as I take a few steps towards Elizabeth, thinking about when I asked her to come over.

"This is what?" Luke scowls.

"What?" I didn't know I said it loud enough for anyone to hear me.

Luke clenches his fist at his side and takes a few slow steps in my direction. Seconds later his fist collides with my jaw, sending a shooting pain through the left side of my face.

"Luke!! Stop!" Nicole shouts, but he ignores her and keeps aiming for my face while I try to block his punches. He has every right to be mad at me and I don't blame him for protecting his sister. I just refuse to punch him back.

"LUKE!!" Nicole scolds when she gets him to calm down. "What the fück was that about?!"

"He just said he's the one that fücking caused this to happen!! He shouldn't even be here in the first place!!" He shouts as his face reddens with anger. "What are you doing here?" He turns to face me.

"I-uh I.." I didn't know what to tell him because I wasn't sure if Elizabeth was alright with me telling him about us.

"I called him." Nicole speaks up.

"What? Why?" Luke turns away from me and questions his girlfriend.

"Because he's one of the closet friends she has at school!! She's only been going there for what? A week?"

"Okay so what? What about that one girl, uh, uh Stephanie something?"

"Stephanie Geers? You mean that bïtch?"

"What's wrong with her?"

"Do you not know what bïtch means?"

"Guys.." I fake cough when the doctor walks in.

"Oh, hi doctor.." Luke says.

"Hello,.." He trails off, looking at his clipboard. "Well, I don't have necessarily good news. She is going to be in a coma, we aren't sure for how long, possibly past Christmas, and she has a few cuts and bruises. No signs of a concussion, so no brain damage." He says, looking at Luke.

I don't know what to say, so I just walk over to the wall and sit in a chair, my head in my hands and elbows on my knees.

Nicole walks over and does the same, but turns to me. "It's not your fault you know," she whispers.

"She never would've gotten into an accident if I hadn't asked her if she wanted to come over."

"But you didn't know she would get hurt. No one does. Calum, it's not your fault. I don't want you think that. Okay?" She says with a soothing voice

"Okay. I won't."