Chapter 1: Warrior

"Oh, come on Dad, please?" I pleaded. "I can be responsible!" Of course he said no, like always. I had been begging for my own car for the longest, but his response is always "Wait till your 17." Ugh. I pout as he says those words and stare at my mashed potatoes and steak in front of me. Even though this is one of my favorite meals, I get up from the table and throw my food away, then I stormed upstairs to my room and slammed the door. I knew I was being dramatic, but I really didn't care at that point. When you are 16, and don't have your own car, that's really sad. I flopped on my bed and grabbed my IPhone 6 and started to play some Bryson Tiller but then my dad called.
" Aria. Come down please." He said. I went downstairs and sat back at the table, starring at the floor. I was mad at myself for losing my temper but I wasn't going to apologize, that would show weakness.
"Aria, I'm sorry you can't get a car. But the way you've been acting, I don't think you deserve one." He said. I finally looked up. Fine, I'll admit, in the past year, I was suspended 4 times. But that doesn't make me a bad person...right?
"Dad, I'm sorry." I say hesitantly. I didn't want to apologize, but I do.
"You should be. I have gotten way too many calls about you fighting and being disrespectful, and it all needs to stop now. Until you get your act together, you will not being getting a car anytime soon." He says. "Whatever." I say and go back to my room. I listen to my playlist and finally fall asleep.

"Aria..." A misty voice calls. I look around. I'm in a dark place, surrounded with so much fog, I can barely see the moon. "Hello. Where are you?" I say. "I am here. But listen to me...you must go to Zoron and meet Ares...he is your father...go to Zoron...go..."

I wake up in a start. Light floods the room, so I know I'm probably late for school, but I just lay there. Zoron? And who the heck is Ares? Then I look down. My shoes are caked with wet dirt, and so are my clothes. What? I haven't gone anywhere is my sleep...did I? I shrug off the thought and glance at the clock...8:32! I have to be at school by 8:45, so strip off my clothes and pull on a black tank top, a red and black plaid sweater, dark jeans and some black combat boots, then put my jet black hair into a braid. Then I grab my black book bag and head downstairs. Forget breakfast, it's 8:40 and I have to walk! Then I see my dad's keys to his red Lexus and grab them. I know it was wrong but I have to...it's the only way to get to school on time! I run outside and jump in the car, and drive off and make it there at the high school, park the car and run into the building. I head to my locker and see it. The person I hate most...Barry Noles. He is shoving one of my guy friends, Mark into a locker. I drop everything and run to them, then pry Barry's hands off of Mark, then I punch Barry in the face. Mark runs off, giving me a look of thanks, then I turn to Barry. He has fallen back and is holding his bleeding nose. " I told you too many times to STOP messing with people, and you don't listen." I tell him. Then he jumps up, and tries to push me, but I dive out of the way and kick him in the small of his back. He runs into the locker with a bang, and he turns to me and punches me in the stomach, which literally knocks the wind out of me. I fall and hit the floor and he comes toward me with a bleeding forehead and someone's science book is near me so I throw it at him and it hits him in his torso. He stumbles and I lunge forward and straddle him, punching  him over and over until a teacher comes. We then go to the office and after a lecture by the principal I pass out right then and there.