Chapter 7: Informed

Katelyn and I run to the back room. I push open the doors and what I was greeted with shocked me. All of my belongings were flung around the room on fire! And in the middle of it all was Barry. I had never seen him like this before. He was hovering in midair, his skin paled. His eyes were glowing a deep shade of read and his hair was also on fire.
"That was a bad mistake. I know who you are. And I will send you to the Underworld!" Barry yells in rage. My palms are sweating, because I know that I can't fight my way out of this one.
     "Barry. STOP." Katelyn says. When Barry lunges for her, in a swift movement, she presses something on her Pandora bracelet. Then what happens makes my heart stop. Katelyn, the girl I've known for 3 years, turns into a wolf. The wolf had golden brown fur with red highlights. The wolf before me growls at Barry. Barry turns to her and lunges forward. The wolf, er, Katelyn, dodges, just in time. Barry hits the wall and more flames erupt from his fingertips. Katelyn pounces, landing on Barry's back, pulling him down. The wolf eyes, which a few seconds ago, were hazel, dilated turning black. Barry struggled underneath her wolf form, raging. He kicks forward, hitting Katelyn's wolf on her back. Katelyn tumbles to the side, whimpering in pain. She looks up at Barry and snaps at a string around his neck, and he falls like a deflated balloon. His eyes turn their natural green color, and the fire extinguishes, and his facial features are ashen and horrified. The Wolf Katelyn shifts back into Human Katelyn, her clothes tattered and ripped showing a generous amount of skin. She struggles to get up, and yells in pain.
         "Aaah! Good Gods, Barry, I hate you!" She cries in agony. I shake my head in shock and run over to her, and offer my hand. She takes it and the color from her face vanishes.
"Aria! Y-you, Gods, ow!" She stammers. She leans against the wall and lifts the side of her shirt. Down the small of her back is a long burn mark, red with irritation and deep. Blood oozes from the wound, making her sweat and panic.
      "Aria, listen to me, you can't tell anyone about what you saw in here. Here, take this. Throw it at the mirror over there." She says, handing me a golden coin with a picture of a sun, about the size of a doorknob. I take it and walk to the left side of the room. I throw the coin, expecting the glass to shatter. But instead, the coin dissolves through the mirror, making the glass erupt in waves of rainbow light. The mirror clears and I can vividly see a person in the mirror, a guy, with the same hazel eyes and golden hair as Katelyn. He appears to be about 5 foot 6.
"Um, hello? Anyone there?" He says worriedly.
"Austin! Austin, it's me, Katelyn. I'm wounded by a demonic demigod from Hades. Please help! I'm at the Rec. Center. Hurry please!" Katelyn says, whimpering.
"Yeah, yeah, I'll come ASAP!" Austin says. The mirror then dissolves, and I can see my own reflection. I walk over to Katelyn and sit next to her.
"Care to tell me what just happened?" I say. Katelyn looks at the ground in regret.
"Okay. Well, as you probably know, Barry and I are special. We're demigods, from Olympus. Sons and Daughters of Gods or Goddesses. I am the daughter of Athena, Barry is the son of Hades. When you insulted him he got angry. His demigod shift took over, and he turned into a Hell Soul. A powerful demon from the Underworld. I knew he would kill you, so I turned into my demigod shift, a werewolf. You, Mark, and Isabella are also demigods. When Austin, my brother, comes back, I'll take you to Olympus. The Gods need to meet all of you. Is there a way you can contact Mark and Isabella?" She says. I can't believe what she's saying. I pinch my arm to make sure I'm not dreaming. Barry moans, and gets up, walking toward us.
"Katelyn, sorry. Though, you deserved it Aria. I will send you to the Underworld. I swear I'll kill you." He says, stalking out of the room.
"I can IMessage them. Hopefully they'll get it. Hey, how come no one came? That fighting was pretty loud." I say answering Katelyn's question, while grabbing my phone in rubble, which thankfully wasn't damaged, and texting Mark and Isabella.
"It's the Mist. Normal people can't see everything demigods do. Thank Persephone for that." She explains.
Suddenly the doors burst open.
"Hey, you called and I'm here to help!" There stands Austin, striking a ridiculous superhero pose. We both give him a you're crazy look and he stands there, clueless.
"Okay, sorry." Then he walks over to Katelyn, getting to work on her wound.