Chapter 9

I awake to the smell of sage and vanilla, which confirmed my suspicions that I was at Mark's house. I was laying on his bed, underneath his blue and green covers. I glanced at his clock; 6:57, so I rolled out of the bed and noticed I hadn't seen Mark yet. I went downstairs and immediately heard voices outside, and being the curious person I am. I exited out the back door, and again, heard voices. I walked around the bushes, onto the driveway. The sight that greeted me was more terrifying than any other.

Isabella was pressed against the garage door, with Barry's lips pushed against hers. He was kissing her roughly, while his hands were buried in her dark, curly hair and hers were resting on his chest. I immediately made a U-turn; they hadn't noticed me. I cringed at the sight. Isabella and Barry! Making out! What! I walked to the back door, still in a daze, not even noticing Mark was headed towards me. My head collided with his chest, yet again, since he was about a mile taller than me. I stumbled backwards, Mark catching me before I fell. I looked into his golden brown eyes, his pink, luscious lips. Snap out of it, Aria! I quickly straightened, dusting off my clothes.

"Hey, Ari. I just left to go get Austin, he's pretty cool. Sorry I didn't tell you." He said, letting go of my arm. I rubbed it, he had a really tight grip.

"Yeah, it's fine....did you know about that?" I say, pointing around the corner. I really didn't want to see that again, it disgusted me. Mark looked confused and peeked around the corner, and instantly turned back. He made a gagging face. We walked back into the house, in a comfortable silence until we went into the living room. Austin was there, and Katelyn. She was still asleep. I guess that Apollo's Nectar stuff caused tiredness.

"Um, that was just wrong....Barry and Isabella? How does that even happen? Like, Isabella's all, sunshine and rainbows, and Barry's mister cool player. That," Mark said pointing to the back door, "Did not make sense."

I suddenly felt a rush of panic and anger. Barry was player, who'd kiss some girl one day, and buy flowers for a different one. If he hurt Isabella in any kind of way, I'd kill the bastard. That meant I had to talk to him before the day was over.

"Oh, you saw it too, huh? Even though I've only been with you guys for a short time, unicorns and fire do not mix." Austin says, rubbing the back of his neck. I wonder why he's nervous.

Mark and Austin went outside to go play basketball, but I suddenly felt a rush of panic and anger. Barry was player, who'd kiss some girl one day, and buy flowers for a different one. If he hurt Isabella in any kind of way, I'd kill the bastard. That meant I had to talk to him before the day was over.

I made my way outside. It had been an half hour by now. If I turn this corner and Barry and Isabella are still making out-

I ran into a wall, no this wall was warm; a person. Speak of devil.

"Woah, watch where you're going next time, punching bag." A deep, Spanish-American voice said.

"Well how about next time you watch who you're kissing! If you have the nerve to hurt Isabella, I don't care if you're the son of the deadliest monster on Earth, I will kill you!" I say, making sure he can hear the lace of venom in my voice. I glare at him, but it stops when I feel warm hands wrap around throat, hard. He slams me against the garage.

"What the fudge, Barry! Let go of me!" I gasp, trying to air into my lungs. He tightens his grip, teasing me by removing his hands, just to apply them back to my neck. He smirks evilly.

"Don't you ever disrespect me again Aria. What you saw back at the Center wasn't even the beginning." He says. Dark spots start to swim around in my vision, and I know if he doesn't let go of me in a matter of seconds, I'll either die of pass out. Using my last bit of strength, I kick him where the sun never shines. His eyes widen, and he lets go of me. I take in a breath of air, but I know if I don't get away now, I'm screwed. I kick him in the back for a good measure, to borrow some time, and I sprint down ,the street. I hear Barry yelling every curse word, even some I don't know. I spot an orange picket fence that connects to the basketball court. Mark and Austin are playing on the far court, a couple of hundred yards away. I attempt to over the fence.

Bad mistake.

My foot doesn't even make it over the fence. My leg hits the fence, making blood flow out of the wound that follows. I recoil backwards, straight into the hellion's arms. He pins me to the ground, his hot breath on my face, and it smelt of blood and cigarette smoke. I suddenly feel and tingling sensation throughout my body, and feel my eyes flash, followed my a sudden pain in my back. Barry gets off me and yells something to Austin. Austin stops his game and runs forward. I let out a cry of pain, it's unbearable. I writher and squirm, but then it stops. Austin pops something in my mouth, which I'm guessing was Apollo's Nectar. It tasted of butterscotch and kale. The pain stopped, but the tingly sensation was back. Barry, Mark, and Austin all take huge steps backwards, almost as if they were afraid. I suddenly leapt into the air, and grew a tail. Brown and black hair broke out all over my body, and my senses got sharper. I spun and spun until the tingling sensation stopped, which was about 45 seconds later. I felt, happy, alive even. Then I heard a voice, but in my head.

Hi, I'm Rain, you're new companion! Don't worry you'll get used to the changing! A chirpy voice said. I turned to the boys, and looked into Mark's eyes, then realizing I was furrier than usual.

What reflected in them shocked me senseless:

A wolf.
*************
A/N There is a picture of Aria/Rain up there, but a picture of Katelyn will be up there next chapter. Also I might stop adding names to my chapter. Oh, and also if you want a character in my book, pm me your wanted/chosen name, your God/Goddess, your description(hair color, eye color, etc.) and other info you want me to know!