The Real Audition

Okay. I need to calm down.

I took a deep breadth. It was the day of my audition. 

I was auditioning for being a kpop idol. It's like the biggest thing for any kpop fan.

It made me even nervous because I am a shy  girl and performing in front of strangers who are going to judge is like the most terrifying thing ever.

They mentioned in the email that I had to be there by 2 o' clock on Tuesday. So I skipped school because I needed sometime to prepare. I was told to be early. So I started off by half past twelve.

Laura came with me to cheer for me. My mom was taking us in a car. 

I looked out through the window. It was a big hotel. I wondered if it was a five-stared one. 

We went to the counter to ask where the audition was being held. They told us where the audition is being held.

 When I was about to enter in the auditioning room, I was told by a lady at the door that parents are not allowed. Only the contestant is allowed inside. 

So mom and Laura had to leave. They wished me luck and told me that they'd be waiting outside.

So I went inside. Shit, this is no joke 

Honestly, I wasn't serious about this audition. I took it as a joke and participated because Laura was doing so. I can't believe I actually got selected. Oh god, this is no joke. This is an amazing opportunity. Gotta try my best!

When I entered in, I was surprised. There were  many people. Most of them were nervously practicing.  But I have to say, they were super talented. 

I sat in a chair next to a nervous  brown- haired girl. She was very pretty. She was humming something. I'd assume that was her song for the audition. 

I didn't notice that I was staring at her until she looked at me, smiled and said," Hey, what song are you going to sing?" 

"I'm going to sing Rolling in the deep by Adele", I said. She seemed surprised for a second and said," Woah nice, that's a hard one. Good luck!"  "Thank you." I replied 

  I think was expecting me to say a Korean song but I really can't memorize or pronounce Korean  that well. That is why I was shocked when I found out that I got selected for this audition.

"Um, what are you auditioning with?" I asked her shyly.  

I can't really talk well with strangers, it's very awkward.

" I'm going to dance freestyle and also sing a Korean song, 'If' by Taeyeon." she said.

Oh my god, she's dancing freestyle?! She must be talented. 

"That's great. All the best!" She smiled and said thank you. 

Then I heard a person from inside the auditioning room calling out the numbers. 

" Number 1 to 5, come inside for the audition", he announced. 

I was starting to get nervous. I was number 6. I looked at all the participants. 

There were so many hot boys. I was staring at them so hard until they inside the auditioning room.

No, it's not the time to get distracted. I have to remember the lyrics of the song and sing well.

 I was playing the song inside my head. I will be the first one to perform. God, I'm nervous.

I looked at the other people from 7 to 10. Number 7 was the girl I just talked to. 8 and 9 were pretty hot guys and Number 10 was a blonde girl.  

Most of the people look like they are half Koreans or Koreans raised in a different country. 

I am half American and half Korean. My mom is an American and my dad a Korean. But they soon split and I was raised by my mom. So, I don't know much about Korean culture.

"Number 6 to 10, come in" he announced again.

Oh my god, I'm not ready for this. What to do?! 

My legs were shaking. But I tried to keep a confident face. I hope I won't be an embarrassment there. 

No no, it's not the time to be negative. I have to think positively.

I'll give my best! I told myself and I entered inside with the other participants.