Part 4

We sent the whole party out on a hunt. The fun may had ended, but at least we got the thrills to complete the night. Ana, Luke and I knew where to go. The muffins were the obvious hint. The local bakery had the best muffins, and they were Michael's favorite. We all got into Luke's car, and speeded off, trying out best not to run over any children who were searching for candy.

We arrived at the bakery, the lock seemed to have been beaten with some sort of cane. Luke opened the door and pulled us inside. Inside, the jingle of the bakery bell played loudly. We looked around. The bakery was dark and all that was visible was the light that shined on the pastry display. I looked over at Ana, who seemed to be chewing the life out of her lip.

"You're hiding something from me."

"W-what?"

Angrily, I grabbed her shoulders and pushed her up against the wall. I may be short, but if my father had taught me anything, it was how to fight.

"What did you do?"

Tears sprang from her eyes. A loud whimper fell from her lips.

"I-I'm not a virgin."

I blinked.

"How is this important?"

She let out another painful groan.

"I lost my virginity to Ashton the night before he died." She covered her face and presumed to cry.

Luke raised his eyebrows surprised.

"I didn't know you were a virgin-"

I slapped his side.

"Not important!"

We nodded and headed into the bakery's kitchen. Luke flicked the lights on and we all gasped.

Next to the large batter mixer, was a groggy looking Ashton, tied up and with tape over his mouth. He looked up and started to let out muffled screams. Just as the racket started, a masked man hurries in, a knife similar to the one that was in Calums neck, in his hand. He lets out a chuckle that I knew all too well.

"Take it off."

And he did. Slowly, he took off his mask. Underneath was Michael's pale face.

"You monster!" Ana screamed while running towards him. She started clawing at his face, trying to get any skin she could. With painful groans, Michael pushed her off, her back hitting the baking counter with a loud clang.

With a groan she withered to the floor. Luke and I looked up at Michael angrily.

¨HOW COULD YOU?¨ Luke screamed with fury in his tone.

Michael chuckled as if the only thing he did was rip a piece of paper.

¨He deserved it.¨

I scoffed, ¨Tell the whole story you liar.¨

He growled, and sat down next to a tied up Ashton and a nearly unconscious Ana.

¨I had been in love with Ana since freshman year. I knew she was a flirt, but her reputation had gotten the best of her. She was dating Ashton behind Calum's back. I was pissed when I learned she was dating Calum, but losing what innocence she had just broke me. I needed to give those boys a taste of their own medicine."

"SO KILLING AND KIDNAPPING MY BEST FRIENDS WERE THE BEST IDEA YOU HAD?"

Michael nodded nonchalantly.

"Yeah, pretty much."

Ana was starting to get up, struggling and leaning against the baking counter. Michael turned and grabbed her limp body. "You're not leaving sweetheart."

"Let her go!"I yelled, a sudden burst of angry confidence burning through my body. I ran to Michael, grabbing a metal spoon from the counter and beating his head with it. He groaned and yelled in pain but I didn't stop. He couldn't hurt my friends and the people I loved. I yelled at Luke to go call 911 and he nodded, grabbing Ana's body that now lay on the floor and her cell phone as well. She clung to Luke, the only thing that was giving her an air way to breath.

I continued to bang Michael's head against any kitchen object I could find. Soon enough, I found myself being dragged away by police officers telling me to stop hurting him. I erupted in tears. I was confused. Michael had been my friend, but became my enemy.