Chapter 4

I awoke gasping for air in a cold sweat. I had a terrible dream. It was literally just a replay of everything that happened today. My Dad lying dead on the floor, myself tearing apart the razor, crying into Vic.

And then I started crying. I sat there in the dark, head resting in my palms, sobbing softly.

"Sam?" I heard a faint voice call from next to me. I wiped my eyes and looked over, forgetting there was another bed there. "Sam what's wrong?" I walked over to find Vic laying there. It was hard to tell who it was through the darkness, but I could make out his long hair and faint glint of light reflecting off his nose ring.

"Vic.." I whispered. He sat up and pulled me down into his lap.

"What's wrong?" he asked. I sniffled and hugged him. He stroked my hair lightly.

"Just a bad dream," I told him. I got off and sat on the bed next to him, our thighs touching. "Sorry for waking you up." He shrugged and wrapped an arm around my shoulder.

"It's fine." he said. "You can sleep here if you want.." he offered. Now, that offer was tempting. Sleeping in a bed with Vic Fuentes. Who would turn down something like that? Don't get attatched, Sam. I told myself over and over. I tensed up.

"Uh.." I stuttered. "No thanks." I quickly spit out. I got up and jumped into my bed. "Sorry. Goodnight, Vic."

"Goodnight Sam." he whispered, and after that I fell asleep quickly.

~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*

VIC'S P.O.V.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I awoke to the sound of light sobs coming from next to me. Oh no.

"Sam?" I called quietly. I hated seeing her like this. I mean I had only really got to know her for one day, but I truly did consider her one of my bestfriends. She was so fragile, so easily broken. I wanted her to be happy, I wanted her to smile. Her smile was beautiful. "Sam what's wrong?" I asked a little louder.

" Vic.." she whispered as she came over to me, standing in front of me.

"What's wrong?" I asked, pulling her down into my lap. She hugged me and I soothingly stroked her soft hair. 

"Just a bad dream," she said, getting off of me and sitting next to me. "Sorry for waking you up." I shrugged and wrapped my arm around her shoulder, almost as if to protect her. Sam was basically like my little sister. It feels like I've known her forever. 

When I saw her cuts on her wrist earlier I had tears in my eyes. How could someone so beautiful do something like that to themselves? She sure as hell didn't deserve to feel that way. And I need to let her know that, but how? 

"It's fine." I assured her. I didn't want Sam to be afraid of anything. I didn't want her to feel sad inside. I didn't want her to feel anything except happiness. I wanted to protect her from all the evil things in this fucked up world. "You can sleep here if you want.." I offered to her. She suddenly tensed up. Did I say something wrong? 

"Um.." she stuttered. "No thanks." She quickly jumped up and got back under the covers in her bed. "Sorry. Goodnight, Vic." 

"Goodnight, Sam." I whispered back. She must have fallen asleep right after that beacause not another word was said from her. I sat there for about 30 minutes just thinking about what happened. Why did she tense up like that? It felt weird to think that I've only known her for one day, it seems like a lifetime. Maybe things were just overwhelming in her life, she didn't know what to feel or how to react to anything, it was just going too fast for her.