She's not your mate

Cyrille's POV

I understand why Esme is acting the way she's acting. It hurts me to know that she's been living her life full of jealousy and heartbreak. Ava is the only person in her life that genuinely cares for her but at the same time she's the one who made Esme's life miserable. I don't know what to do. Should I take her home? Or should we stay here?

This morning I got a call from my beta Vernon. He told me my pack was worried and scared because I was spending all my time with Esme and I forgot about my pack. I will be meeting with him after lunch.

________________

"Esme I have to meet my friend. Is it okay? I won't be long"

I had to tell her that Vernon was my friend not my beta because obviously she's not a werewolf like me.

"Okay babe bring home ice cream"

I met with Vernon at the Park. As soon as soon as he got here we started to talk.

"Cyrille the pack is worried about you when do you plan to go back?"

"After I tell Esme about us"

"I know you love her but you can't tell her a single detail about us!"

"I trust her Vernon. I'm planning to take her home"

"And where is that exactly?"

"UK, specifically london"

"Cyrille you should not be willing to take her to places far from your pack! What are we gonna do without our alpha? Do you want your enemies to attack? Do you want your people dead?"

"I love her Vernon!"

"SHE'S NOT YOUR MATE CYRILLE!"

"I don't expect you to understand but as your alpha I order you to take over until I get back. Report everything to me"

"You're lucky your like a brother to me"

"Thank you"

Esme's POV

It's been a week but I still haven't forgotten about Ava and her child..

"She's not your mate!!"

Mate what? Who is Cyrille talking to downstairs?

"I don't care! I'm already 23 years old now but where the fuck is my mate huh? Why can't you just fucking give up! I gave up a long time ago Jimmy! So back the fuck off!"

Why is he angry? Who is mate? I have to go dow and see for myself

"Cyrille?" I said

"Oh babe I'm sorry did you hear anything? By the way this is Jimmy my brother" he said and boy he's sweating like there's no tomorrow

"Brother?"

"Yes my older brother. I'll tell you everything later"

I walked towards Jimmy to shake his hand but he rejected

"Okay.. nice to meet you too I guess.." I said sarcastically "I'm Esme Cyrille's girlfriend" I added

"Yeah no shit"

Meeting your boyfriend's family for the first time is such a breeze..

That's odd, his brother Jimmy sounds american not french.

I heard the front door shut. He's gone! Yes!

"So tell me about this brother I didn't know you had"

"He left me here. After our my mom died he decided to move"

"Why did he go here? After all these years why now?"

"I don't want to talk about it Esme"

He sat on the couch and exhaled heavily. What's the problem? I don't want to ask him becuse he might get mad at me and who is this mate?

I woke up with a throbbing headache. Medicine! Yes that's what I need and water too. A quick shower won't hurt. It took me half an hour to notice that Cyrille is gone. Where the heck is that man. He left a note;

Esme

Good morning beautiful. Sorry for leaving this early. Nothing big just errands. I cooked pasta your favorite, it's in the fridge. I love you.

PASTA! I haven't eaten pasta since I left home. Oh how I miss Mrs. Valor's cooking.. Ava..

I should call her. Right? No? Okay. I wonder how she's doing.