Cyrille and Ava

Is it bad that I chose to be happy? that I chose to ignore what others will think of me and follow what my hearts desires? Of course I feel guilty leaving my best friend alone in her time of need, but for once in my life I finally felt loved and contented. I know sooner or later I'm going to have to face Ava, but I can't lose Cyrille. I just can't.

___________________

This morning I decided to go for a run to take my mind off things. Cyrille is pressuring me to go home and comfort Ava. To be honest I feel sorta betrayed because he's not on my side.

"Esme she needs you"

"How many times do I have to tell you that I'm perfectly happy here!"

"You don't understand Esme, you don't understand how Ava feels"

"What so now you're the Ava expert here. Have you been talking to her behind my back? Tell me the truth Cyrille"

" Yes we've been talking. I just want to help you"

" I can't believe this. I have to leave"

He hasn't even met Ava yet and she's already stealing him from me.

Cyrille's POV

"Hello Ava?"

"Hey how's Em?"

"I'm worried about her"

"Why what's wrong?"

"We had a fight. I told her that we were talking. I feel bad"

"I'm sorry Cyrille. Is it okay if I come there? I can schedule a flight tonight maybe she'll understand if I talk to her"

"I don't know if this is right but sure. She needs you"

I called Ava because I don't know what to do she's never been like this before. I've been talking to Ava for days now. I want the two of them to be okay. They need each other.

"Baby, I'm sorry"

"I thought you were different"

She's packing. She's leaving me.

"Esme let's talk about this! Don't leave!"

"Go talk to Ava! I don't need this. I'm done being second"

"Second? Esme you're the only one in my heart. You changed me. You changed my life and that will never change. I'll stop talking to her. But you have to tell me that I'm the only one you need"

She walked towards me, kissed me and said "Cyrille you changed my life too. You are the only one I need. The only one I want. I know you just wanted me to be with Ava because you think I need her but that's not it, sure she's my best friend but I have you now. You're everything I need to be okay. I'm sure she'll be fine she has a boyfriend there and I have you, i love you. I'm sorry for acting like a child. I hope you understand"

"I do, I understand. I love you Esme"

The next day..

Knock knock
"Sir, there's someone looking for you at the door"

Butlers can be annoying sometimes

"Who is it?"

"Miss Ava sir"

Shit! I forgot! No!

"I'll be down in minute"

Good thing Esme sleeps like a hibernating bear. Clothes yes I need that.

"MATE" I said as I saw Ava sitting on the couch

"This can't be! We can't do this to Em"

"I never thought that I would find you. I lost hope. I'm sorry" I do feel guilty but I was happy that I found my mate. I have a mate. But why did she have to be my girlfriend's best friend

"Me too, I gave up too. The truth is I have a boyfriend"

I growled "I know and I can't bear to imagine you being touched by another"

I kissed her and she kissed back. The stories are true, finding your mate is magical and unreal.

"Don't tell Em! Tell her that I just visited and you didn't know that I was coming, okay?" She said

"Are you rejecting me as your mate?" I asked

"God no! I just don't want to hurt Em. You mean so much to her. She loves you so much to start a life with you here and I don't want to ruin her happiness"

"Babe?" Esme shouted while walking down the stairs