We will always miss you

{I'm sorry it took so long to update, whenever I'd try to write it, it got too emotional. Hope you enjoy it}

Thinking back now, I can't believe how naive I was...thinking everything would get better. Oh my my my, I was soo stupid.

You are always told, once something bad happens in your family, for example an illness...it brings the family tighter together and they are there for each other to pass the bad until it turns good again.

Well, I can safely say, that is sometimes a load of bullshit. Like I mean, my mum and her eldest sister have been fighting since I was 10. As the years progressed things between them got worse instead of better. It got to a point they stopped talking to each other and my Zia (Aunt) ordered her 4 kids, Bianca, John, Leon and Tegan not to talk to us anymore. But that wasn't the only family feud, my dad has been having a rough time with his mum and her husband, and also his older sister Liz.

March 8th 2010,

Nonno's 89th birthday.

Everyone gathered at Nonna and Nonnos house, we had dinner all together. Well partly together, we were missing, Bianca, John, Leon, Tegan and their parents.

Everyone acted like a big happy Italian family, I knew beneath all my smiles, pain remained. Mum made a cake for Nonno, mum is really talented when it comes to cake decorating. We sung, the cake was cut.

"All the grandchildren stand behind the cake next to nonno please, I wanna photo with you all together," my mum's second eldest sister, Lily, was saying.

All 17 of us grandchildren gathered around the table next to nonno and the cake.. We actually all squashed together, all the little grandchildren grabbed chairs to they could be seen. So that took up most of the room.

* * * * * * * * * *

* 5 months later *

Nonno had been battling cancer for about 20years, but he never wanted to listen to what the doctors were recommending him to do. He wanted things done his way, he was always stubborn.

Towards the end of August, my cousin Charmaine was receiving the sacrament of Holy Communion. All the girls' who were receiving the sacrament were all in white elegant dresses. Charmaine's skin was ghost like, so her in a white dress was a pretty funny sight.

The next week one of my mum's brothers got married, after being engaged for 7years they had finally decided to tie the knot. The wedding was absolutely amazing, I couldn't believe how amazing his wife Dianne would look. Dad and I had organized a couple extra things which all members of the celebration had enjoyed and had a laugh at what we had done.

The next day, 6th September, at 4am nonna had called an ambulance to take nonno to the hospital because he was struggling to breathe.

At around 6am the word had gotten around to everyone in the family, mum had raced down to the hospital to see how he was before she allowed anyone else to go. Nonno had been in and out of hospital for years, but this time I didn't feel right. I kept telling myself that we could come back home like nothing had ever happened.

* * * * * * * * * * *

The next day mum and dad were debating what to do, whether they should keep the four of us home or send us to school. In the end they decided that they would sent the twins and I to school and keep Daniel home.

Once the twins and I were at school dad, mum and Daniel raced to the hospital and they promised to keep me updated so I knew how nonno was and what condition he was in.

Once school was over I ran to my locker to check my phone, disappointed I had no updates so I had no choice but to call my mum.

"Hello?"