Gossip Galore

{These events actually took place....}

About not even a week after my parents threw me out, I went back to my school. Knowing that nobody will care about my existence, like I mean who would?

It was about 8:30am on a Thursday morning, I had just put my bag into my locker and grabbed out my Italian and technology books as those were my subjects for the first two periods.

I walked down C corridor and made my way to C8, my form room. Just as I happened to look up I saw the popular girls sitting in a little clump with their backs against the wall staring at me.

Why was everyone staring at me? I didn't think I was doing anything unusual or was I? I thought about what I was doing as I took a seat against the wall on the other side from where the group was, I quickly scanned the faces of the class and saw Breanna Allen, Grace Smith, Harley Zammit, Willow Williams and Jaime Clarke ( AKA blondie). All of them were staring at me, still eyeing my every move. If anything they would turn and just whisper very quietly to each other so I was unable to get fragments of the conversation.

Their leader Alexandra Swift, the most popular girl in year 8, literally known by the entire school. Her popularity just grew over the years of being in high school. Alexandra must of not come to school yet because Breanna was bossing the group around and trying so hard to be Alex, as she was second most popular.

Alex was kind of short, but everyone knew not to mess with her because she was tough. Her hair is brown and curly, but she prefers to have it straightened and she has brown eyes. At times she can be extremely bossy, and will talk about people behind their back even though they may be right behind her when she is talking about them, making it pretty obvious. She has never been set on a best friend, her best friend changes like the days of the week.

Alex doesn't actually seem to give a shit about what people say about her, it's as if her opinion is the only opinion that matters. Besides it was too early for her to be at school.

Anyway getting back on track, the form assembly bell went and our form teacher, Mr. Hosking, arrived and opened the door for us to get in. Everyone picked up their books mumbling and giggling to each other as the stood up and walked into the class, taking their usual seats. I walked in and took the seat furthest away from everyone.

Mr. Hosking started taking the roll 

"Mikaela?" 

"Here sir," Mikaela replied lifting her head up from her books. 

"Rochelle?"  

"Present," Rochelle replied lazily.  

"Alexandra, the student who gets 100% in the tests," not only was Mr. Hosking our form teacher, he was also our history/ geography teacher. 

Alexandra, had walked in just before he mentioned her name. 

"I'm here sir," a round of applause and giggling from her group started and then silenced by a wave of Alexandra's hand.

* * * * * * * * * * * * *

The day just seemed to drag on for what felt like forever...but period 6 finally came, the bell rang ending period 5 as I made my way to D14.

I walked into geography and saw a few empty seats and sat in the first one I saw. A note came flying in my direction, my name messily written on it. I hesitated to reach for it, opened it up,

" Lucinda, I know we don't talk much but the reason everyone was staring at you this morning was because Breanna was talking about you and we were all included into the conversation. Most agreed with what she had to say.I'll tell you more in detail if you'd like.