Chapter 2

About an hour later I heard the door to Sherlock's bedroom open and looked over to see the man himself striding out.

I looked around and was impressed at what I had done given the time I had done it in. Most of the surfaces had been cleaned of rubbish leaving only dirty plates and several black bags on the floor. The table in the middle of the room still had some rubbish and dirty plates on it but that would only take a minuet to sort out.

"John, catch," Sherlock said throwing something silver to me. It was a silver collar and on the back of it by the latch was a key hole and next to that a little silver hoop as if something was meant to clip on there. "Put it on," He said walking past me to sit in one of his chairs in the living room.

I snapped the thing around my neck and was about to continue tidying up when Sherlock called, "Come here," I turned and walked to him. "I assume, being a new slave, you don't know how to act." He said looking up at me.

"No other than I should only speak when spoken to and I should do everything you say. Your brother said you would elaborate." I told him wondering what else there was.

"Okay well when I'm sat down if you are finished what you are doing and have free time you kneel on the ground next to me, don't forget to have a strait posture, you never use the furniture but I will allow you to sit at the table to eat. I expect you to keep the place tidy, do the dishes strait away, and to do the shopping. When it is meal time you will cook me something, unless I say otherwise, this is one of the few occasions when you may speak to me without being spoken to but only to ask what I want. Other times you may speak to me could be to clarify an order or things like that. When I eat you will stand, or if you must kneel, next to me or behind me so that if I need something you, you are there at my side. Only when I have finished eating and you have washed up can you get yourself something to eat. Are you following this John?" Sherlock asked looking at me.

"Um, yes, I think I am." I said slowly.

"Good. When we go out, if I deign to let you come, the rules don't change and you stay near me in case I need something, you must wear that collar at all times, unless I tell you otherwise, so people know you are a slave and finally you must always address me as 'master' or at the very least 'sir'. Understand?" He asked turning to face the TV turning it on.

"Yes," I said but quickly added, "sir," it's been two seconds and I'm all ready forgetting the rules. I waited a second to see if he was going to add anything, when he didn't I walked into the kitchen and continued tidying up.

After half an hour the kitchen was finished, all plates had been washed and all rubbish had been put in black bags which were on the floor. Now was as good a time as any to see if there was any food in the fridge or in the cupboards. I was expecting worse upon opening the fridge, considering the state of the kitchen I was expecting mouldy food and things well past there use by date, all I found were a few shrivelled old carrots which I promptly threw in the bin. The cupboards were a lot better containing a few cans of hot dogs but other than that there was nothing to eat. Sighing I turned and picked up the two black bags at my feet.

I was about to leave when I realised I had no idea were the bins were. I turned to Sherlock but I didn't even need to ask.

"The bins are at the bottom of the stairs out the back and just behind the fence." Sherlock said not looking at me.

"Um, thanks master," I replied and promptly left.

I walked down the stairs and immediately bumped into Mrs Hudson.

"Hello, I believe we haven't been formally introduced. I'm Mrs Hudson and you are?" She asked politely. Obviously she hadn't seen the collar yet.

"I'm John Watson," I replied not knowing what to say or how to address her. I just decided to act normal seeing as she hadn't noticed who I was yet.