Chapter 4

Eden POV

I got to school a little late, but the first faces I saw when I walked through the door were Riker and Ryder’s. He smiled widely and walked away from his brother.

“Hey beautiful.” He pulled me into his arms and gave me the biggest bear hug of my life.

“Hey beautifuller?” I giggled. He set me down and I hugged him again. Ryder was watching us warily.

“I’m glad you’re still wearing my jacket, it looks hot on you.” He said and appraised me, I blushed like an idiot.

“Really?” He smiled at me.

“Hells yeah, so when’s our second date? Cuz I have football practice tonight.” Riker asked.

“How bout after practice?” I replied and took his hand. He suddenly got down on one knee in front of me. “What are you doing?” Everyone was watching, panic started to streak through me.

We’d only been one date!

And he was proposing?!

How insane was this guy?!

“Will you be my girlfriend? I promise to be as good to you as you are to me. Even though you could do way better than me.” He pulled a Ring Pop out of his pocket and opened the wrapper with his teeth. Purple, my favorite.

“Riker, hell yes I will!” I smiled super wide as he slid the Ring Pop on my finger.

Ryder watched where he was standing at the side, looking amused like he was watching an inside joke. I wiggled my fingers on the hand that held the Ring Pop. He shook his head and walked away towards the band room. Riker took my other hand and laced our fingers together like he’d done last night.

“I’m guessing you’re gonna want to tell your best friend?” He asked.

“I’m kind of obliged.” I smiled. We walked into the cafeteria hand in hand, Riker chuckled at the stares we received. Cora was sitting with Bridget, and as Riker and I came over her jaw dropped.

“EDENNNN!!!” She shrieked. I leaned into Riker and waved, smiling sheepishly.

“Hey Cora.” Riker waved at her.

“Nice Ring Pop, very classy.” Bridget said like the catty biotch she was.

“I think so too, it’s pretty nice to have someone who’ll bring me a Ring Pop and get on one knee to ask me to be his girlfriend.” She stared at me like I’d grown another head.

“Eden, that was mean.” Cora spluttered.

“Sorry if we offended you.” Riker said as he sat on one of the stools attached to the table in front of Cora’s and pulled me onto his lap.

“When’d did you make it official?” Cora asked, Bridget kept glowering at me.

“We just did, that’s why I have a Ring Pop.” I smiled at Riker.

“So is he gonna be the one to pop your cherry?” Bridget sneered. It was my turn to gape and splutter an answer. “E-excuse me?”

“Is he going to pop your cherry. You know, take your virginity and all that?” She was leering.

“Only if and when she’s ready.” Riker replied coolly and kissed my cheek. Cora looked satisfied.

“Okay, he almost has my approval. Next time Kade and I hang out we’re doubling, and then I can really tell if he’s worth my best friend’s time.”

Oh joy. It seemed like she was making a conscious effort to ruin my love life.

Bitch.

            It was after second hour in the bathroom when Cora approached me again about Riker. This time thankfully, without Bridget.

“You never did tell me the story behind you two.” She said softly.

“I didn’t want to with Bridget right there.” I replied as I fixed my hair in the mirror.

“But it’s not like she’d say anything, she’s not mean.” Cora jumped up and sat on the counter. “Unlike you were.” She mumbled. I stared at her.

 “She was the one who started it!” I protested.

“No, it was you! You always act like a complete utter bitch to her!” I shook my head and grabbed my stuff.

“I’ll talk to you later about this; but if you and Kade want to, Riker and I are watching Where The Wild Things Are at my house today, after he’s done with football practice. Feel free to come over whenever.”

“Fine.” Cora pouted and grabbed her stuff.

I walked out of the bathroom and hurried to class. Cora was mad but she’d get over it, but would I? What was wrong with me? I really didn’t want to get an almightier than thou attitude just because I was dating a supermegafoxyawesomehot football player.

Hopefully watching the movie later would fix things between us.